Highlight of Battambang
Battambang, located in northwestern Cambodia, contains the second most populous city in the country after Phnom Penh. The provincial capital, also Battambang, has always been a popular destination for its nearby ancient temples, French colonial architecture, and Buddhist shrines.
Sitting on the Sangker River just south west of the Tonle Sap Lake, Battambang town is at the heart of Cambodia’s ‘rice bowl’, and it maintains an untouched, bucolic feel. The streets are filled with remarkably well-preserved French colonial buildings alongside traditional Cambodian houses. The nearby countryside harbors old pagodas, Angkorian era ruins, caves, waterfalls, and Khmer Rouge period killing fields.
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Phnom Banan Temple
- Entry/Admission - Bamboo Train Battambang
- Entry/Admission - Phnom Sampov
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Phnom Banan Temple, 154, Cambodia
Banan temple is a mount temple on the top of natural mountain with the 82m in height in point of 12057 ‘03’ N and 10300 “23” E (according to Google Earth), surrounded by fort. There is a main castle facing to the 4 directions and consisting of the 4 gateways and 4 corner temples. The main castle in the middle built of sandstone; while fort, gateways and corner temples were built of laterite with sandstone – built decorated styles. While the sandstone, taken to build the temple, had been also taken from other many separate places, this is based on the quality of stones to be presently seen.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bamboo Train Battambang, Krong Battambang, Cambodia
The Bamboo Train has been set up by the villagers to facilitate the transportation of goods and people. The train in itself is very basic – one platform on 4 wheels activated by a small motor. Sitting on the platform we travel the 8km to the next station through beautiful landscape and rice paddies.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Phnom Sampov, Cambodia
Phnom Sampeou means 'Ship Mountain' because its peculiar shape reminds of a ship. Atop a 100-meter-high mountain stands a pagoda and three natural caves: Pkasla, Lakhaon and Aksopheak.
We will be just in time to catch the bats! As darkness falls, we will begin to see thousands of nocturnal bats taking flight from the surrounding caves in a massive formation of dark, black clouds. Be sure to photograph this amazing and staggering sight!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.