High Adventure Half-Day Whitewater Rafting
Big water, big hits, big splashes equal big adventure. Geared for those thrill seeking enthusiasts looking for an adrenalin rush. Prepare to get wet as you forge your way down two canyons of the infamous Clearwater River. Filled with class 3 and 4 rapids this trip is guaranteed to leave you wanting more! * Trip subject to river levels.
Please Note: A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Detailed Safety Briefing
- On River Training
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- With over 5,250 Sq Km of area to explore, Wells Gray Provincial Park is one the largest parks in Canada. With thousands of years of volcanic activity, Wells Gray is being considered for "World Heritage Status" due to the abundance of unique and wild volcanic features that the park has to offer. The Clearwater River is the drainage basin for the entire area of Wells Gray. This mighty river is known as one of the most dynamic tributaries for the entire Fraser River system. The Clearwater River is the culmination of an incredible concentration of waterfalls, rapids, and chutes, probably the greatest in BC, and one of the greatest in the world. Known as an ever changing river, the Clearwater River will give whitewater enthusiasts an unforgettable ride.
The Clearwater River is comprised of three raftable canyons: the Upper (Sabertooth) Canyon, the Middle (Granite) Canyon, and the Lower Canyon. Your tour will start at the beginning of the Sabertooth Canyon with a big class 4 rapid and a range of 1-3 class rapids followed by the Granite Canyon on gentle whitewater.
As you start to raft down stream, take the time to look around at the cliffs and canyons filled with an abundance of igneous rocks formed from thousands of years of old volcanic activity. As you enjoy the amazing sights, your professional and knowledgeable guides will give you all of the safety information you will need to know before getting into the bigger rapids.
Make your way into the heart of the Granite Canyon, which is described as as Mother Nature's natural roller coaster. Following these roller coaster waves, you'll find yourself entering rapids such as, 'Slide Wave,' 'Shane's Demise,' and 'Shark's Tooth.'
Then as you approach the end of your tour, you'll come up against an unrunnable section of river known as "the Kettle." This section of river involves a mandatory portage of all the boats and equipment.
Departure Point :Liquid Lifestyles Whitewater Rafting & Kayaking, 440 Eden Rd, Clearwater, BC V0E 1N1, Canada
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Proper water gear (swim suits) must be worn underneath the provided wetsuit
- Closed toe shoes/ Running shoes are essential
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.