Hidden temples and Secluded Coastlines Tour from Koggala
(SKU: LK60370600) This tour combines culture with heritage, art, and a bit of snake-charming. Visit two of Sri Lanka’s sacred Buddhist temples, the ancestral home and museum of renowned Sri Lankan author, the late Mr. Martin Wickramasinghe, visit a snake farm in Matara, and explore the Japanese Peace Pagoda as you watch the calm waves of the ocean in time for a brilliant sunset.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Galle.
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees to Respective Sites.
- Food or Drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
- Entry/Admission - Wewrukannala
- Entry/Admission - Weherahena Buddhist Temple
- Entry/Admission - Unawatuna Beach
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wewrukannala, Dikwella, Sri Lanka
This sacred Buddhist temple is located 1.5 km from Dikwella towards Beliatta. The main attraction of the temple is the 160-ft tall statue of seated Buddha. It is the largest statue in the whole of Sri Lanka and dates back to the late 18th Century. The temple has another section named the Tunnel of Hell. It features life-sized models of devils, demons, and sinners going through the torments and horrors of hell. The temple walls show you the path towards enlightenment by depicting hundreds of comic strip representations of events in the Buddha’s life.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Weherahena Buddhist Temple, Weherahena RD Weherahena, Matara 81000 Sri Lanka
The Weherahena Poorwarama Temple is situated in the Matara District of Sri Lanka, about 6 kilometers off the Matara town. This rather unique temple is known as the first tunnel temple in the world. The temple hosts a massive 130-ft Buddha image that was built following the Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa eras.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Koggala, Koggala, Galle District, Southern Province
You will visit the Mr. Martin Wickramasinghe Ancestral Home and Folk Museum. Known as one of the most influential authors of his time, his work has been translated and sold across the world. His literary works have been considered masterpieces among Sri Lankan literature, and the museum and ancestral home pay homage to this great man. A private tour of the entire property will depict the story of the late Mr. Wickramasinghe
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Unawatuna Beach, Unawatuna Sri Lanka
Upon completion of the tour of Mr. Martin Wickramasinghe's house and museum, proceed to Unawatuna (you will reach the location by 1630 – 1700 hrs). Your final segment will be at the Japanese Peace Pagoda. It is a beautiful shrine with an amazing view of the ocean. It can be spotted from the Unawatuna beach and from Rumassala Hill. This area is known as the Jungle Beach because of its natural beauty; a secluded coastal line emerging from the forest lands that surround it. The Japanese Peace Pagoda was built by the Nipponzan-Myōhōji order. It is a monument designed to inspire peace among all races and creeds.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel In Koggala
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.