Hidden Howth Expedition
Leave the city behind and discover the beauty of the Emerald Isle on this 3.5 hour Hidden Howth Peninsula experience - See Howth through the eyes of a local, it will let you live, feel & breathe the real Ireland as thou you were an inhabitant. We start our journey through time, hearing tales of Viking and Norman invasions and learning about the history of the 700-year-old castle. Immerse yourself in Irish culture as we walk through the ruins of St. Mary's Abbey (Built in 1042) and visit sites known only to locals (Hidden Howth). Along the way, we stop to meet the local colony of harbour seals and the wide variety of seabirds that have made Ireland's Eye their home. From their, we ascend to the majestic Cliffs of Howth and take in the most amazing views of Ireland's Eye, Lambay island and Dublin bay, stopping along the way for photos and Irish folklore. We finish in the local Irish pub for a complimentary pint of beer, which will be well deserved after our adventure.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Local guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
- A video momentum of your journey through Howth that you can share with family & Friends
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Howth Head, Howth Ireland
Walk along the beautiful Cliffs of Howth, taking in the breathtaking views and smelling the sea air. Plenty of time for taking magical photos to remember.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Howth Summit, End of Bailey Green Road, Howth D13 Ireland
We briefly stop at Howth Summit to admire the beautiful views of the Dublin mountains and Dublin Bay
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Howth Lighthouse East Pier, Howth Ireland
Walking through the village, the Lighthouse is in full view. Always great for a photo.
Stop At: Baily Lighthouse, Hill of Howth, Howth D13 Ireland
As we walk around howth Cliffs, we stop to admire the beauty of The Baily Lighthouse, which juts out on a little peninsula.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: St Mary's Abbey, 30 Abbey Street, Howth D13 YT52 Ireland
We walk through the historic ruins of St Mary's abbey, first built in 1042 over looking Howth Harbour
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Hidden Howth Experiences, 1 waveney house, Harbour Rd, Howth, Dublin, D13 K5F9, Ireland
Let Hidden Howth Experiences Guide you around the hidden areas of Howth known only to locals - live the life of an Irish native for the day, as we journey through Irish history, culture, nature and the myths and legends you have come to associate with the emerald isle
Departure Point :Howth Railway Station, Howth, Dublin, Ireland
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.