Heritage Walk In Shimla With Lunch
At a height of 7,200 feet, Shimla was once the summer capital of the British in India. Besides being known for its scenic beauty, the town is also home to several heritage buildings that are best explored on foot. In this Heritage Walk discover the charm of a bygone era as you walk past some of the well preserved structures of this town.
• Christ Church
• Gaiety Theater
• Gorton Castle
• Viceregal Lodge
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex
- Entry/Admission - Viceregal Lodge
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Christ Church, Mall Rd, Shimla 171001 India
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Christ Church, the starting point of the walk.
Christ Church is the second church to have been built in North India. Built in the neo-gothic style of architecture, the imposing white structure is a prominent landmark of Shimla. It has some exquisite stained glass windows.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex, The Mall, Shimla 171001 India
As you walk down the Mall, you will go past the gothic style building of Gaiety Theater. It is a heritage building that now has an exhibition hall and an art gallery besides the old theater hall. Walk past the colonial style building of the General Post Office. The timber framed building is one of the 6 heritage post offices in India. Equally remarkable is the wooden facade of a building called ‘Bantony’ that houses the police station. Discover the former Imperial Bank, the cast iron and steel structure of the Railway Board building and the red-stone chalet like facade of Gorton Castle. You will also see a couple of old houses like Kennedy House and Knockdrin.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Viceregal Lodge, Shimla India
The walk will end at the imposing Viceregal Lodge that was the home of the British Viceroys in India.The Lodge now houses the Indian Institute of Advanced Studies.
At the end of the walk enjoy lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant. After lunch you will be driven back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Shimla, Shimla, Shimla District, Himachal Pradesh
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Shimla Airport, Shimla India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Gaiety theater and Viceregal Lodge are closed on Mondays. General Post Office is closed on Sundays.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.