Heritage Tour to Khajuraho Temples
Explore the magnificent beautiful sculptured temples of Buddhist, Jain and Hindu temple shrines. Get a perfect tour to this UNESCO site with private story-tellers who will brief you with all the great facts and features of this heritage city and its temples.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- • Hotel Pickup and drop in a private vehicle.
- • English speaking local and history professional guide.
- • Lunch
- Entry/Admission - Khajuraho Temples
- Entry/Admission - Chausath Yogini temple
- Entry/Admission - Kandariya Mahadev Temple
What's excluded :
- • Gratuities (recommended)
- • Monument entry fee
- • Drinks and dinner
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Khajuraho Temples, Khajuraho India
This privately designed heritage trip will start with your driver picking you up from your hotel at 8:00 in the morning. This collection of Hindu, Buddhist or Jain temples are famous for their amazing sculptures and carvings, inclined symbols and signs and nagara-style architecture. Its unique and marvelous architecture has placed it in the lists of UNESCO sites of World Heritage. Built-in early 10th -12th century these temples are marvellous pieces of architecture in current time.
These sensational sculptures and architecture depict the massive passion, amazing music, dance, and other creative arts and their geniuses of Chandela dynasty. Situated in the state of Madhya Pradesh this group of temples numbered to 85, out of which only 20 has survived over this long period of time. Presently these are distinctively divided into two groups as Western and Eastern group of temples.
This cluster of temples is believed to connect with an interesting story of Chandela dynasty. It is said that the Moon God attracted and physically connected to a beautiful Brahmin girl, Hemvati in desire and passion. This resulted in the birth of Chandravarman, the founder of the Chandela Dynasty. Once Chandravarman had a dream of his mother requesting him to make a temple picturing the treasure of passion and amazing fantasy to the world. This led to the construction of temples with amazing sculptures in this little village surrounded by mountains of Chatarpur district. Every temple is different from another and two temples amongst them were built of sandstone.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Chausath Yogini temple, Bheda Ghat, Bhedaghat, Madhya Pradesh 483053, India
Built-in the 900 AD, this temple is known to be as the oldest amongst the 20 survived temples. Dedicated to Goddess Kali, this is the only Granite formed temple here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kandariya Mahadev Temple, Western Temples, Khajuraho India
Dedicated to Lord Shiva, enshrined with the ‘Shivalinga’, this temple is the most typically designed temple with very intense and graceful carvings. Standing 31m high, it is the largest amongst all temples. Exquisite craftsmanship on stone depicts god, goddesses, deities, eternal lovers and celestial maidens.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Khajuraho
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.