Heritage Park General Admission
Note: Operations and hours may change due to COVID-19. Please visit heritagepark.ca for all the latest information.
Learn about the settlement of Western Canada in an interesting and interactive way at Heritage Park, a family-friendly historical museum in Calgary that covers history from the 1860s to 1950s. Across nearly 130 acres (50 hectares) of land, the park is home to more than 180 exhibits and attractions, including vintage automobiles at Gasoline Alley Museum and 100-year-old buildings like schools and saloons. Find out what life was like for fur traders, railway workers and First Nations people, and hear stories from interpreters dressed in period attire.
per adult from
What's included :
- Summer Season Only: Access to all Heritage Park rides, upon availability and time permitting. Rides include: authentic steam train, paddle wheel boat, horse-drawn wagon tours and all antique midway rides. Rides operate during Historical Village hours of operation only.
- Winter Season Only: Access to the world class Gasoline Alley Museum, as well as Heritage Town Square and shops and restaurants.
- Entry/Admission - Heritage Park Historical Village
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Visit: Heritage Park Historical Village, 1900 Heritage Dr SW, Calgary, Alberta T2V 2X3 Canada
Located south of downtown Calgary on the Glenmore Reservoir, Heritage Park is open year-round, and your general admission ticket includes access to various exhibits depending on the season. This interactive living history museum features more than 180 attractions that tell stories about the settlement of Western Canada, from fur trading in the 1860s to the automobile craze of the 1900s.
Many of the homes, shops and machinery you see at each exhibit are original, and the informative and talented staff of interpreters — outfitted in period costumes — bring the attractions to life.
The historical exhibits and attractions can be found in four main locations around the park.
• 1860s Fur Trading Fort and First Nations Encampment: Learn about the Hudson’s Bay Company, which established fur trading posts across the Pacific Northwest, from Oregon to Alaska; see artifacts from First Nations people; and admire Our Lady of Peace Mission, which dates back to 1872.
• 1880s Pre-Railway Settlement: Explore the temporary tent cabins that pre-settlement bachelors lived in; check out the police barracks; and see local establishments like Drew’s Saloon and Gleichen School.
• 1900s Historical Village and 1910 Prairie Railway Town: Take a look at an array of historical buildings such as a blacksmith shop and the Airdrie House, an example of a comfortable but plain Western Canadian home; visit Atlas Lumber Yard; and see popular gathering spots like Alberta Bakery and Barons Snooker Parlour.
• 1930s, ‘40s and ‘50s Gasoline Alley Museum and Heritage Town Square: At the Gasoline Alley Museum, you can admire several antique automobiles, such as a 1908 REO Autobuggy, a 1909 McIntyre Model M and a 1912 Buick Model 2-A Express Truck. Then take a walk through Heritage Town Square to visit the bandstand, Canadian Pacific Railway Station and the Railway Garden. You can also shop and grab a bite to eat in the square.Your admission ticket also includes access to family-friendly rides like the carousel, boat swing and Ferris wheel. Recommended time to visit is 2 - 6 hours.
Winter exhibits (mid-October to mid-May):
During the winter months, only Heritage Town Square, shops and restaurants, and the Gasoline Alley Museum are open. Here you can enjoy the 1930's - 1950's era and marvel at the phenomenal changes that the automobile brought to Western Canada! Recommended time to visit is 1 - 1.5 hours.
Departure Point :Heritage Park Historical Village, 1900 Heritage Dr SW, Calgary, Alberta T2V 2X3 Canada
Departure Time :Gasoline Alley Museum 10/13/2020 - 12/18/2020
9/8/2021 - 10/9/2021
Tuesday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
10/13/2021 - 12/18/2021
Monday - Friday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Village and Gasoline Alley 9/12/2020 - 10/11/2020
Tuesday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
5/16/2021 - 9/6/2021
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
9/12/2021 - 10/11/2021
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.