Heritage & Cultral Walking Tour Pondicherry
Puducherry arts and craft is a delightful experience and we are very fortunate that even today our rich art and craft culture is preserved in the Murungapakkam Village. Experience the famous art and craft of Puducherry by walking around the houses and small joint of Puducherry village, explore the rich art, closely observe the off beat museum, shops, galleries showcasing handicrafts etc.
per adult from
What's included :
- Highly trained and friendly Storyteller/ Guide who can speak English & Hindi
- Great local tips and recommendations to save money and to explore the best of the city.
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pickup and drop
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Puducherry Tourism Information Centre, 40 Old Court Building 2, Beach Road, Goubert Ave, White Town, Puducherry, 605001, India
We don't want to spill the beans and kill the excitement, so come on this walking tour and explore the city's gems that you would easily miss if you are exploring the city on our own. Though the highlights of the tour will be following
1. École Française d'Extrême-Orient - heritage building and library is home to over 11,000 Indology books and a series of Sanskrit, Tamil and Manipravalam palm-leaf manuscripts.
2. An embroidery eentre housed in a stunning 18th-century building and run by a local convent and supports underprivileged women.
3. A lane with old cafes, houses build in frech architecture, lively markets of Pondy.
4. Old lanes, houses, winding streets and Academy of Western Music
5. Bharati Park - the greenest attractions in Pondicherry along with important government buildings of Pondicherry surround this park.
6. A vibrant Hindu temple known for its elephant blessings, ornately carved stone walls & golden chariot.
7. A French War Memorial and Pondicherry Beach
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Puducherry Tourism Information Centre, 40 Old Court Building 2, Beach Road, Goubert Ave, White Town, Puducherry, 605001, India
Return Detail :Puducherry Kargil War Memorial, Beach Rd, White Town, Puducherry, 605002, India
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.