Herculaneum and Mt Vesuvius Excursion from Sorrento
Herculaneum was a residential coastal town superbly preserved due to the fact that it was covered in volcanic mud during the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD. The buildings have been so well preserved that you can walk down the streets pretty much exactly as the Romans would have done over 2000 years ago! Mount Vesuvius is one of the most famous volcanoes on earth. It is also the only active volcano on the mainland of Europe and provides the focal point of the entire Bay of Naples.
per adult from
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly in Herculaneum
- English speaking prefessional guide
- Coach transport
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to Herculaneum € 13,00
- Entrance ticket to the Vesuvius € 10,00
- Entry/Admission - Vesuvius National Park
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vesuvius National Park, Via Palazzo del Principe, 80044 Ottaviano Italy
Mount Vesuvius is one of the two active volcanoes of continental Europe and one of the most studied and dangerous in the world due to the high population of the surrounding areas and its explosive characteristics.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
The archaeological excavations of Herculaneum have returned the remains of the ancient city of Herculaneum, buried under a blanket of ashes, lapilli and mud during the eruption of Vesuvius in 79, together with Pompeii, Stabiae and Oplonti.
Found randomly following the excavations for the construction of a well in 1709, the archaeological investigations in Herculaneum began in 1738
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Hairbio Salon, Via Correale, 40, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.