Heraklion's Historical Treasures: Explore Cretan history on an audio tour
Heraklion, formerly known as Candia, is a historical layer cake waiting to be uncovered. Join me on this self-guided audio tour as we wander through the ages, meeting the characters and seeing some of the best known and lesser known sites.
Walk along the shore line towards the harbor fortress named Koules. Experience the lively centre of Heraklion, with all its vibrant historical aspects. See, and be able to visit, these marvelous churches and still have time to sit down for a coffee or a souvlaki, whenever you like. Wander between a Venetian fortress setting and the beautiful Agios Titus church. Stroll through the market street and learn about some local products. Explore in the vibrant centre the Lion fountain and end up at the entrance of the Archaeological museum.
per adult from
75 to 90 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Megaron Hotel, Doukos Mpofor 9, Iraklio 712 02, Greece
The tour passes by the Megaron Hotel.
Pass By: Rocca a Mare Fortress, Heraklion 712 02, Greece
The tour takes you to the Rocca a Mare Fortress.
Pass By: Agios Titos Church, 25 Augustou Street, Heraklion, Crete Greece
The tour passes by the Agios Titos Church.
Pass By: Venetian Loggia, August Str 25, Iraklio 712 02, Greece
The tour passes by the Venetian Loggia.
Pass By: Morosini Fountain (Lion's Fountain), Heraklion, Crete Greece
The tour passes by the Morosini Lions Fountain.
Pass By: Bembo Fountain, Plateia Kornarou, Heraklion, Crete Greece
The tour passes by the Bembo Fountain.
Pass By: Cathedral of St. Minas, Heraklion, Crete Greece
The tour passes by the St Minas Cathedral.
Pass By: Liberty Square, Plateia Eleftherias, Iraklio, Greece
The tour passes through the Plateia Eleftherias.
Pass By: Venetian Gate St. George, Leof. Ikarou, Iraklio 712 02, Greece
The tour passes by the Venetian Gate St. George.
Pass By: Heraklion Archaeological Museum, Xanthoudidou & Hatzidaki Sts, Heraklion, Crete 710 02 Greece
The tour passes by the Heraklion Archaeological Museum.
Departure Point :ΑΣΤΙΚΟ ΚΤΕΛ ΗΡΑΚΛΕΙΟΥ Α.Ε. (σταθμαρχείο λιμένος), Efessou 40, Iraklio 712 01, Greece
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/15/2020 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.