Heraklion Private Cretan Cooking Class at a Traditional Village
Explore the riches of the Cretan land and get a traditional cooking lesson in by an experienced, professional, local cook in the beautiful Heraklion countryside! Learn the secrets to the most to prepare the most unique and characteristic Cretan dishes and let taste the fruits of your labor to revel in their delicious taste!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off if the hotel is located in downtown Heraklion
- Transport with modern vehicles
- Private hands-on cooking class
- Lunch with house wine or other beverages
- Services of an excellent english-speaking chef
- All taxes and VAT
What's excluded :
- Any additional orders or purchases
- Use the knowledge that will get passed onto you from the expert chef, and learn about hundred-year-old recipes that have been passed down through generations. Prepare traditional Cretan dishes and learn tips and tricks that will make your cooking life easier!
Let our driver take you to the breathtaking countryside of Heraklion in the comfort of a luxury vehicle and delight in a beautiful track through the Cretan villages. Ony some 30 minutes outside Heraklion city, your cooking adventure will transpire in an off-the-beaten-path location looking out over herb-scented hilltops and the sea. There, you will meet an experienced couple of Cretan cooks that will practice Greek hospitality, welcome you and introduce you to the Cretan cuisine.
You will be taught step by step famous Cretan appetizers, such as 'dakos' – Cretan rusks topped with tomato and feta cheese - and 'dolmadakia' – stuffed vine leaves. Next, you will prepare the main course using only seasonal ingredients.
After all that hard work, it is time to taste all those Cretan delicacies you cooked along with lots of delicious local wine. The relaxed atmosphere and imposing landscapes will make leaving a difficult task.
• Tzatziki - A yogurt, garlic and cucumber dip seasoned with herbs and vinegar
• Dakos - Cretan rusks topped with tomato sauce and feta cheese
• Dolmadakia - Vine leaves stuffed with rice and herbs mixture
• Gemista - Stuffed, oven-baked vegetables
• Pork with Wine sauce or Lamb with green beans - Traditional Cretan dishes that include meat, vegetables, and a delicious, thick sauce
• Sarikopita - A traditional phyllo pastry pie with local cheese and honey, an unconventional, yet traditional, dessert of the region.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is located in Heraklion, pick up and drop off are complimentary. There will be an extra charge for hotels/apartments located outside Heraklion.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Price per group, regardless of participants' age
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.