Helsinki Private Walking Tour
"The Daughter of the Baltic", Helsinki, Finland's major political, financial and cultural center is unquestionably worth a visit! Its small-town charm can be easily explored by foot by curious visitors. Stroll its romantic streets and admire the art-nouveau buildings, the churches and the museums and learn more about its fascinating history. Helsinki was founded in 1550 and become the capital of Finland in 1812. The country's location has played an important role in its history. The Finns have suffered occupation by one or other of its neighbour’s right up until it gained its independence in 1917. Our guide will provide you precious information regarding Finland culture, history and daily life.
You will see:
* Senate Square
* Lutheran Cathedral
* Market Square
* Old Market Hall
* Greek Orthodox Cathedral
* Esplanade Park
per adult from
What's included :
- * Local Guide who will be with your group only
- * Private guided Tour
- * Possible customizing on tour with your local guide on the spot
What's excluded :
- * Gratuities
- * Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Helsinki, Helsinki, Uusimaa
You will meet our guide at the Senate Square to see the neoclassical old city center and visit the Lutheran Cathedral that dominates this area. Designed by Carl Ludvig Engel and completed in 1852, the Cathedral has recently been refurbished and looks better than ever, with the 12 apostles on the roof once again looking down at the world below. It’s time for the Greek Orthodox Cathedral also known as Uspenski Cathedral, with the five domes topped with 22-carat gold, and some of the icons within are held to be miraculous. Next we head for the Market Square (Kauppatori), Helsinki’s most international and famous market, which is worth seeing during the market hours.
We will visit the Old Market Hall with booths that sell traditional market foods and treats, as well as handicrafts and souvenirs.
We will end our walk surrounded by nature, by taking a pleasant promenade into the relaxing Esplanadi Park.
Departure Point :Helsinki, Finland
Return Detail :Helsinki, Finland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.