Helicopter Glacier Dogsled Tour with Lower Glacier Landing
The ultimate multi activity package: a helicopter tour, a dogsled tour and a landing on the lower glacier to explore the melt pools and crevasses.
Start this adventure with a spectacular helicopter ride over glaciers and icebergs. We often see moose, black bears, Dall sheep and mountain goats. Land on a huge snow field high on a glacier and enjoy a whole hour with Alaskan sled dogs and their mushers that live here all summer long. Take the dog team for an exhilarating dogsled ride through real snow. You can stand on the runners and mush your own dog team if you want, or just sit on the sled and let the mushers run the team.
After the tour the helicopter takes you to the lower glaciers where you will land on the hard ice between the crevasses to see the majestic blue melt pools.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Helicopter Flightseeing
- Dogsled Ride on Snow
- Guided Glacier walk
What's excluded :
- TRANSFERS FROM ANCHORAGE NOT INCLUDED - Added for additional fee if needed
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Knik River Lodge, 29979 E Knik River Rd, Palmer, AK 99645, USA
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Knik River, Anchorage, AK, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Round trip transportation is available from Anchorage to Knik River Lodge, Palmer (departure location) for the 10:15am and the 4:30pm departure times. Please contact Alaska Helicopter Tours to schedule.**Total time from Hotel Pick up to Hotel Drop off is approximately 5 hours**Ports
- Dena’ina Civic and Convention Center, Dena'ina Civic and Convention Center, 600 W 7th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- TRANSFERS TO DEPARTURE LOCATION CAN BE ADDED FOR A COST - Please contact Alaska Helicopter Tours to add transfers if they are needed.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.