Hangzhou Day Trip for Southern Song Dynasty
The Southern Song Dynasty was a significant period for Hangzhou as it helped shape the culture and characters of Hangzhou.One Day Hangzhou Trip based on the Southern Song Dynasty,the following venues are the best places to do so.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel and railway station pickup and drop-off in Hangzhou downtown
- Bottled water
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Air-conditioned private vehicle
- Private city transfer
- Entrance Fee listed in the itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Yue Fei Mausoleum (Tomb of Yuefei)
- Entry/Admission - Eight-trigram Cropland Alcohol Marketing Wholesale Department
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Southern Song Imperial Street, Zhongshan Middle Road, Shangcheng District, Hangzhou 310002 China
Pick up service is arranged at your hotel lobby in Hangzhou downtown or Hangzhou train station.
First, visit the Southern Song Imperial Street, a main avenue that was paved in the Southern Song Dynasty and according to documentary records, more than 10,000 flagstones were used. The street stretches from the intersection of Wansong Mountain and Phoenix Hill Road, passing through Zhongshan Road M. and N., to the intersection of Fengqi Road and Wulin Road. With a length of 4185 meters, it was once the central axis of Lin’an city in the Southern Song Dynasty. It was also the specific road for emperors to worship ancestors. Here, there are 13 historical and cultural relics and buildings of which The Phoenix Temple is a key national cultural relic protection unit.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Yue Fei Mausoleum (Tomb of Yuefei), No.80 Beishan Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou 310000 China
Next, visit General Yue Fei's Mausoleum, general Yue Fei (1103–1142), widely admired by many, was a patriotic national hero of the Southern Song Dynasty (1127–1279). However, he was framed by the devious Prime Minister—Qin Hui (1090-1155) and murdered for crimes he didn’t commit. In 1163, he was proved to be innocent and his corpse was reburied at the present site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Eight-trigram Cropland Alcohol Marketing Wholesale Department, Nanfu Rd, Shangcheng Qu, Hangzhou Shi, Zhejiang Sheng, China
After lunch, visit the Eight-Diagram Field. The Eight-Diagram Field used to be owned by the imperial courts of the Southern Song Dynasty. In 1143, Zhao Gou, the Emperor Gaozong of Song ordered the field to be open, so he could show his respect to agriculture and pray on a good harvest. Every spring when it was time for ploughing, the emperor would bring along his civil and military officials to show respect and pray. Now the filed has become a park combining historical and cultural relics with an agriculture popularization venue to display modern farming culture.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: QingHeFang, No.113 Gaoyin Street, Shangcheng District, Hangzhou China
The last stop is the Hefang Street. Hefang Street is an ancient street with time-honored history and profound culture. The street used to be at the foot of the ancient imperial palace of the Southern Song Dynasty and was the cultural and financial center of the dynasty. As the only ancient street preserving the historical landscape of ancient Hangzhou, Hefang Street is an infusion of the most representative historical culture, business culture, old lifestyle of Hangzhou and architectural culture.
After the Hangzhou day trip ends, you will be taken back to the Hangzhou train station or your hotel in Hangzhou and your tour ends.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up service is arranged at your Hangzhou downtown hotel or Hangzhou train station.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please provide round-trip train itinerary in "special requirement" block if pickup from Hangzhou Train Station is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.