Hangzhou Day Tour of Wuzhen Water Town and Jinghang Grand Canal
Hangzhou is a popular travel destination throughout the year and has a wide variety of desirable locations to visit. Two of the most widely recognized landmarks are Wuzhen Water Town and Jinghang Grand Canal. Tour around The Grand Canal with a boat ride to experience the canals scenery and traditional water towns. Strolling around the streets and alleys of Dongzha, you can witness the original living status of the local people. There are also many manual workshops in Dongzha where you can learn about the working process of creating Sanbai Liquor and calico.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Downtown Hotel and Railway Station Pickup and Drop-off in Hangzhou
- Air-conditioned private vehicle
- Licenced driver
- Professional guide
- Admission tickets
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Wuzhen East Gate （South Gate）
- Entry/Admission - Jinghang Grand Canal Hangzhou
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wuzhen East Gate （South Gate）, China, Zhejiang Sheng, Jiaxing Shi, Tongxiang Shi, Ziye Rd, 18号乌镇东栅
Your trip starts with a pickup at your Hangzhou downtown hotel or Hangzhou train stations. Then count on our comfortable vehicle with licensed driver who will help you with your luggage and take you to Wuzhen Water Town in about 1.5 hours' driving. The whole town is divided into Xizha (western street) and Dongzha (eastern street) by a crisscrossing river. You will visit Dongzha first which maintains the basic original layout. Taking a stroll around the streets of Dongzha, you can find out the original living status of the local people. There are different kinds of manual workshops. If you are interested in the working process of creating blue calico and Sanbai Liquor, you can not miss this place. Workshops like the Hongyuantai dye-house and Sanbai liquor workshop reflect the authentic life of the local people. What's more, Dongzha has many famed scenic spots, like the Former Residence of Mao Dun, Lizhi Academy, Qinggengyudu and Hanlin Mansion. These archaic buildings dating back to the Ming and Qing Dynasty are magnificent.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jinghang Grand Canal Hangzhou, Lishui Road, Gongye District, Hangzhou 310015 China
Then head to Jinghang Grand Canal Hangzhou which is definitely one of the best place to have a glimpse of the world famous waterway. It is oft-lauded as the earliest and longest artificial waterway in the world starting from Beijing in the north and ending at Hangzhou in the south for a total length of 1776 km. On June 22, 2014, the Grand Canal was listed as the site of UNESCO World Cultural Heritage. You are going to visit the traditional buildings along the canal and cruise on the canal to see and touch the Chinese culture and the authentic life of the ordinary people. After the tour, escort you to catch your train or back to your downtown hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at your Hangzhou downtown hotel or Hangzhou train stations.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.