Handunugoda and Galle Highlights from Colombo
An independent day trip to Galle from Colombo means a long train, bus, or cab ride, and the problem of getting around once there. Make the most of UNESCO-listed Galle Fort and the round-trip journey on this private day trip. Travel by private vehicle, delve into the colonial-era fort as your guide shares its history, and tour a tea factory on route. Lunch and hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffeur Guide.
- Lunch at a Local Restaurant.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick & Drop from Colombo Hotels.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
What's excluded :
- Meals where not specified.
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
- Entry/Admission - Handunugoda Tea Estate
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Handunugoda Tea Estate, Handunugoda Rd Tittagalla, Ahangama 80650 Sri Lanka
You will be picked up at your hotel in Colombo at 0700 hrs. Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel. You will reach your first destination, Handunugoda Tea Factory by approximately 0930 hrs. (Travel Time 1 ½ to 2 hrs) Handunugoda Factory is famous for its Virgin White Tea, which is one of the most expensive teas in the world. The tea is plucked and made without being touched by humans, partially following an ancient Chinese tea plucking ritual. You will be guided around the factory and given an opportunity to try and buy Virgin White Tea, along with many other tea types. Handunugoda is also one of the only tea factories in Sri Lanka which is close to the coast.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
Galle’s natural harbour has long been a hub of trade dating back to ancient times.The accidental arrival of the Portuguese Lorenzo de Almeida in 1505,when his fleet of ships steered off course following a storm at sea,changed the history of this island nation.The Portuguese were followed by the Dutch and then the British in 1796.With each occupation,Galle’s landscape changed and the cultural influences remained.Galle Fort covers nearly four sq. km's and is protected by 12 bastions and connecting ramparts. Wander the maze of narrow cobblestone paved roadways lined with colonial period buildings still in use and old merchant houses where generations of Moorish families still live.Take a walk along the sturdy ramparts looking out to sea and visit colonial period churches,the lighthouse,and museums.Along the way, stop by for a cup of Ceylon Tea or fresh king coconut.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Colombo, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
We picks you up from your Hotel in Colombo
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.