Hana - Haleakala Helicopter Tour
Climb above central Maui and ascend the world's largest dormant volcano, "Haleakala" (literally "house of the sun"). Discover its immense moonlike crater with pure iron oxide cinder cones towering over 1,100 feet tall. See Kaupo and Ko'olau Gaps, the huge lava flows from the crater to the sea. Hana's nearly uninhabited "back side" is home of the "Seven Pools" and Lindberg's grave. The Hana Rain Forest extends for over 180 square miles along Maui's northern coast and is the largest tropical rain forest in our nation. Tour includes views of Old Hana Town, Haleakala National Park, Kipahulu, the taro fields of Ke'anae, fabulous coastline waterfalls and the world famous Ho'okipa windsurfing beach on the return. Whale watching when in season.
per adult from
40 to 50 minutes
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- See the highlights of West Maui, then look for humpback whales (in season) as you cross the Pailolo channel to discover Hawaii’s tallest waterfalls along Molokai’s remote and isolated north shore. See and learn about the settlement for patients with Hansen’s disease at Kalaupapa where Father Damien ministered to their needs in the late 1800’s. Then return through the heart of the West Maui Mountains.
Molokai’s isolated north shore boasts the world’s steepest sea cliffs that were created by a massive “earthslide” 1.4 million years ago. Some of these cliffs rise 3,000 feet into the misty rain forests of Kamako’u (Elev. 4,961’). Soar through ancient valleys where some of Hawaii’s first settlements were located and fly by plunging waterfalls that provide stunning scenery for one of the most spectacular aerial tours on earth.
On the return to Maui view the ancient Hawaiian Fish Ponds and the longest, fringing coral reef in the United States at nearly 25 miles long.
Departure Point :1: Kahului, HI, USA
2: 107 Eehia St, Kahului, HI 96732, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Weight Restriction: Helicopter weight and balance changes with every flight because of passenger weight, pilot weight and length of flight (fuel weight). It is important that we have accurate body weight from every passenger. FAA regulations require all passengers and their carry-on items to be weighed at time of check-in. Any passenger over 290 lbs. will require a comfort seat in our WhisperSTAR aircraft. Call our reservations for more information.
- Assisted Passengers: A portable lifting device is available for those customers needing special assistance. Please advise of any special requests.
- Scuba Diving: No scuba diving 24 hours prior to helicopter tour departure time.
- Children: A child 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult’s lap. Please provide child’s weight at time of booking. Children 2 yrs. and older must occupy a seat with seat belt on and are charged full fare.
- Check-in: Check-in is minimum 45 minutes prior to your tour departure time. For your safety and comfort, hats and over sized bags are not permitted on the flight line or in the helicopter. Please leave these items in your automobile. Bring picture I.D.
- All Flights Include: Ground safety briefing, complimentary coffee or tea, pilot personal narration and choreographed music recorded on the live digital video, Stereo aviator headsets with individual volume control, custom built digital recording system, polarized bubble windows, air-conditioned climate control, custom interiors and much more!
- Routes & Flight Time: Sunshine does not fly any specific routes but has many sights within the area of a described tour that we intend to visit during a tour. Sights may vary due to weather. Flight times are estimates and may vary a few minutes.
- Actual Flight Video: A high-definition video of your actual flight narrated and orchestrated by your pilot is available on USB for purchase.
- Photography: Bring camera and wear a dark colored shirt to reduce glare on the plexiglass windows.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.