Half Day War Museum Siem Reap Killing Fields and Artisans Angkor
Both blissful as revealing, this half day outing brings forward key elements of how varied, enthralling and culturally diverse Siem Reap actually is. Moving away from the Angkor magnitude that has put Cambodia on the tourism map since its earliest discoveries, this bustling town has more up its sleeve for a break away from UNESCO-protected temples, jungle-clad ruins, and historical anecdotes of what once was the centre of the world.
Through Buddhism, its almost unavoidable connection with past battles, and its current drive to give the less-fortunate to shine like never before, three totally different landmarks of Siem Reap are taking centre stage, yet are unmissable when getting a total picture of Cambodia’s main tourism destination.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- An English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- Drinking water and refreshing towel during the tour
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Wat Thmey (Killing Fields)
- Entry/Admission - War Museum Cambodia
- Entry/Admission - Artisans Angkor
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wat Thmey (Killing Fields), Siem Reap Cambodia
We start our half day with a visit to Wat Thmey. This small pagoda has been thriving with life as many young monks see this as one of the most important places in Siem Reap to brush up on their English skills.
The pagoda is well-known as a reminder of the cruel acts from the Khmer Rouge – a dedicated Killing Field memorial stupa has been erected on the temple grounds as a reminder of the harshness in the past. The stupa contains bones and skulls who have succumbed under the practices by the Khmer Rouge in the 20th century.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: War Museum Cambodia, Kaksekam Village Sra Nge Commune, Siem Reap Cambodia
Our day continues to the War Museum; it shows visitors an insightful view of the lives of the Cambodian nation when it was engulfed in war for three decade .
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Artisans Angkor, Stung Thmey Street, Siem Reap 17259 Cambodia
We end the day at the building and work done at ‘Les Artisans d'Angkor’. This institution has been set up in an effort to revive the ancient Khmer traditions of stone-carving and wood-sculpting. Many of the apprentices of his centre have been part of an ever-growing art scene in Cambodia and their skills are recognized throughout the Kingdom.
After this visit and a chance to browse through some of the completed art work, we bring you back to your hotel.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from only hotels inside Siem Reap, Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Siem Reap. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Tonle Sap, Koh Ker, Banteay Srei and Siem Reap International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- To avoid any issues pertaining obtaining an arrival visa at the airport, please ensure that your passport contains at least two empty pages. Failure to do so may result in not gaining entrance into the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which sites this is applicable.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- Most travelers can participate
- The sites included in this tour contain graphic content that may not be suitable for young children.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.