Half Day Walking Tour of Medina: Excursion in Fes With Official Guide
Book the most popular Walking Tours in Fes. ake a 4 hour walking tour of the fascinating medina of Fes. Embark on a private walking tour of the magical Fes el Bali, the old medina of Fez, accompanied by a professional English-speaking guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Private and Guided Fes tour
- Professional city guide
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, other than the "value added offers" specified in your guidebook
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fes, Fes, Fes-Boulemane Region
Guided walking half day tour of the Fez medina:
Your driver and guide will take you for a drive via the Mechouar to the impressive Dar el Makhzen for a short stop at the Royal Palace with its magnificent seven bronze gates. From here you walk to and through the Mellah with its intense atmosphere and fine examples of Mauro-Hispanic architecture. Then you drive to the Borj Sud to take in the panoramic view of the Medina.
You rejoin your taxi to stop at Bab Boujloud, built in 1913 and the principal entrance into Fès el-Bali. Here you start your Walking Tour of the labyrinth of the ancient Fez Medina (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) by visiting the beautiful 14th century Medersa Bou Anania (entrance fee included) - the largest medersa built by the Merinids and the nearby Dar el-Magana which houses a clepsydra, or water clock.
On now to the renowned Tanneries on the bank of the Oued Fez, despite the strong smell it is one of the most picturesque souks in Fez.
You continue on through es-Seffarine and its brass workers, down the colourful es-Sebbaghine with its Street of the Dyers; and the Souq el-Atterine area of spices and groceries; to the exterior of the impressive al-Quarawiyyin Mosque and University and the el-Atterine Medersa. This is considered one of the wonders of Moorish architecture- built between 1323 &1325 by Merinid Sultan Abou Said Othman.
You pass by the Tomb of Moulay Idriss the second Idrissid ruler, considered to be the founder of Fez, built in the 18th century and restored in the mid-19th century to your final stop, the delightful el-Nejjarine Square with its fountain and caravanserai.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up you from any hotel, riad or villa in Fes city. If you require airport transfer, let us know your details. Airports
- Fes Sais International Airport, Aéroport Fes Saïss Oulad Tayeb، Fes 30000, Morocco
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.