Half Day Visit to the Ambohimanga Sacred Hill
We are owned and operated by experienced, knowledgeable professional guides with rave reviews and 20 years of working with international visitors and tour companies. Our guides are friendly and attuned to the needs of visitors worldwide. Good guides make journeys memorable.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pickup and Dropoff, Privale Vehicle, Private English-speaking Local Tour Guide, Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Ambohimanga
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Tips, Personal Expenses and Personal Liability
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ambohimanga, 23 km North of Antananarivo, Antananarivo 101 Madagascar
An Historic UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Ambohimanga Palace sits on one of 12 hills a short distance outside the city center. After we pick you up from your hotel, we travel to this area venerated as the birthplace of the Merina Kengdom. On top of the hill is the Palace, a large walled structure where King Adnrianampoinemerina lived from 1788 to 1810. The King's fame rests on his efforts to re-unite the Merina culture. Off and on over many years this Palace was closed to visitors, in fact, at one period, it was specifically closed to foreigners and pigs. Now you can visit the entire living quarters of the Merina royalty. Your guide will uncover such delights as the ancient queen's bathing pools, the unique points of architecture, and gardens of endemic and medicinal plants. It boasts a remarkable panoramic of the city of Antananarivo. After our visit, on our way back to the hotel, if there is time, we may stop at a local market with Madagascar-made products.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.