Half Day Visit To Robben Island Prison Museum
Travelers should book this tour as it is a very informative and provides a lot of information about the social ills in South Africa. A lot of history is learnt on this tour especially with regards to the fight for freedom of South Africa.
This is a tour where information is provided by people who lived the experience and not guides who had to study to acquire the necessary qualifications. The Guides here are ex-political prisoners and ex wardens who either worked or were imprisoned at the same time with political prisoners like Nelson Mandela.
There are multi-layers of history which tells travelers of the ills of apartheid and how the current regime is trying to create an environment of inclusivity. There is a rare opportunity for travelers to visit the former cell of Nelson Mandela and even take photos.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Return ferry ticket to Robben Island Prison Museum
- Pick up from your hotel and drop off after the tour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Registered and Accredited Tourist Guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Robben Island Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, 19 Dock Road, Cape Town Central 8001 South Africa
Take a walk on this shopping mall the most visited in South Africa with over 30 million domestic and international tourists. Here we have the most expensive hotels in Cape Town, the One and Only and the Table Bay Hotel.
Take a walk and explore some of the major attractions that include the big wheel and the 4 statues of South African Nobel Piece Price Winners. There are countless jewellery shops, clothing boutique shops and restaurants. There is a wide range of curio shops and even toy shops.
You can also book a sunset cruise at this place and you can opt to go on a helicopter excursion which can take you to the wineries, safari or even Cape Agulhas.
Stop At: Robben Island Museum, Cape Town Central 7400 South Africa
Take an emotional 40 minute ferry trip to this island museum which has been declared a world heritage site. Go on a bus tour of this island as you visit and learn about the infrastructure on the island.
Visit the blue quarry where political prisoners used to labor as part of their time on the island. Explore the island and come to the house where Robert Sobukwe was kept a prisoner. Take a walk on this island which is surrounded by the ocean but has amazing views of the city of Cape Town and Table mountain.
The climax of this tour is a visit to former Nelson Mandela's prison which attracts thousands of visitors annually. Learn about how the political prisoners used to spend time at this island and their difficult social life. The food they ate, conditions under which they survived are all heart wrenching let alone the fact that non white prisoners went bare foot.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up travelers from the hotel lobby
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.