Half-Day Tour to the Uros Island For Passengers Located at Urban Area
Glide through the bright blue waters of Lake Titicaca as your boat weaves through the unique floating islands of the Uru people. Learn about this community and their daily routines as you discover how they created these artificial isles out of reeds to make their homes.
After being picked up at your hotel in downtown Puno, head along the western edge of Lake Titicaca, one of the largest and deepest lakes in South America. Climb aboard a comfortable vessel and head out to the floating islands of the Uros.
Listen as your guide describes the lifestyle of the inhabitants of the series of artificial islands you see before you. Built with totora, a sand-colored reed that grows in the lake, these islands range in size, but nearly all of them showcase small houses on their surfaces. Watch people cooking, crafting, and socializing as you circle the group of islands before looping back to Puno.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Puno (only hotels located in Urban area).
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English).
- Transportation by boat normal.
- Admission to Uros Island
What's excluded :
- Food and beverages.
- Personal expenses.
You will be picked up from the lake port of Puno and will go to the floating islands of the Uros. The Uros are an ancestral culture that populates a series of artificial islands built on totora that grows in the same lake. These are made by weaving totora in the areas where it grows busier forming a natural layer. On it they build their houses and cook outdoors to avoid fires. After a journey of two hours, you will sail back to Puno.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them,please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for thepick-up.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.