Half-Day Tour to Jerash from Amman
Discover ancient civilizations from the Roman Empire and beyond with this private, half-day chauffeur service to Jerash from Amman. Traveling in a private vehicle with your own driver, you'll travel from Amman to Jerash, widely considered among the best-preserved of all the world’s ancient Roman cities. Admire plazas, temples, theaters, and colonnaded avenues once abuzz with life under Roman rule. Discover settlements dating from the Bronze and Iron Age, and gaze back over 2,500 years of human occupation.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- English speaking driver
- Transportation (hotel pickup and Drop-off, air-conditioned vehicle, on-board WiFi, Fuel Surcharge)
What's excluded :
- Meals, Gratuities, Local guide at site, Personal Expenses
- Entry Fees to Sites
- Entry/Admission - Roman Amphitheater
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Roman Amphitheater, Al-Hashemi St., Amman Jordan
Travel north to Jerash by air-conditioned coach. Having spent roughly one hour on the road, arrive in town and set off to explore the incredible Roman ruins that lie within the ancient city boundaries.
On foot, enter through the main city gate and gaze in wonder at the sprawling site spread before you. Founded by Alexander the Great in the 2nd century, Jerash — or Gerasa as it was formerly known — went on to become one of the wealthiest Decapolis cities of the Roman Empire. Today, the city’s lavish ruins of amphitheaters, arches, and colonnades hark back to Jerash’s Imperial-era grandeur.
See the Oval Plaza, a forum named for its intriguing shape, and amble down the famous colonnaded street, stopping to take photos by some of the many sights. Pass temples and theaters, and hear historical tales aplenty about the city in its glory days from your guide.
A local English Speaking Guide is an available information site (optional). The guides are provided by the Authority of Jerash.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from any Area in AmmanThe driver will be waiting at your hotel lobby holding a signboard with your name on it.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/1/2018 - 1/1/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.