Half Day Tour of Potter’s locality -Kumartulli
Kolkata (earlier known as Calcutta) has its history dating back to the 16th century. The major culture followed in Kolkata is of Durga Pooja – the annual 10 days long festival celebrated in the state marking the victory of goddess Durga over the evil (asuras). It includes worshipping huge idols of Goddess Durga made from clay or soil collected from various places and sculpted into various forms of idols.
Kumartulli which means potter’s locality is the oldest locality of artisans dating back to 300 years. Thousands of artisans here are involved in making the idols of Goddess Durga from environmentally friendly materials like clay and bamboo. The guests can see the half made idols of all the mid, small and huge sizes and interact with the locals and have their questions answered related to the work. This 3 hours tour will leave the guests awestruck with the work and the beauty of the hands of the skilled artisans in the alley.
The tour ends by dropping our guests at their hotels.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and Drop Services
- English Speaking Guide
- Small Goddess Durga idol made of Shola as a souvenir
- Tolls and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Kumartuli
What's excluded :
- Tips and Gratitude
- Personal and Shopping Expenses
- Drinks and Refreshments
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kumartuli, Hatkhola, Kolkata (Calcutta) India
Kumartulli located in northern Kolkata is known for its internationally renowned artisans who craft the most beautiful idols from straw and clay. The guests get the opportunity to visit and meet these artisans and interact with them to understand the various idols, the meaning behind each one of them and the process in making these beautiful idols.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop from all the centrally located hotels in Kolkata
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.