Half-Day Tour of Cusco Including Visits to Oropesa, Saylla and Tipon
Experience this traditional and typical Cusco's culinary tour visitng the most important towns like Oropesa very well know as the bakery town in Peru where we will find hte biggest and sweet breads called Chuta, we will visit the town of Saylla and find the traditional fried pork followed by tipon the town of the Guinea Pig typically prepare in the tratidional ovens.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pick up and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Professional English or Spanish speaking guide
- Bottled water
- Typical food tasting
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tipon, Cusco Peru
Visit Oropesa, the bakery town, Saylla which is the town of fried pork and Tipon, the town of Guinea pigs.
Today we will pick you up from your hotel in the mid morning around 11:30am and then drive you out of Cusco city to the south Valley where is located Oropesa known as the bakery town and the capital of the bread in Peru. Here we will have the chance to visit the traditional "panaderias" with rustic ovens where the bread is made and taste the biggest and sweet breads called "Chuta" a quechua word which means pull. As the way to eat this big bread is pulling piece by piece and its produccion of bread is considered the mean economy of this town.
The bakers support (sold) the sourronding areas and specially Cusco. After this interesting visit we will drive to our next stop, the town of Saylla considered as the capital of the fried pork. here we will visit the "Chicharronerias" and taste or pictured this delicious and typical dish called fried pork, the particular of this town is that the mean business here is the fired pork as most of the families owns restaurants to sold the fried pork.
Finally we will drive for about 10 minutes to Tipon the town of Guinea pig, here we will visit the "Cuyerias" where the Guinea pig are prepared in the traditional ovens where also is one of the mean economy in the area.
After enjoying this spectacular visit we will return back to Cusco, arriving around 3:30pm.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Note: If you require an infant seat, we can assign one for an extra cost.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour does not have specific restrictions unless you are in a very bad serious health conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.