Half-Day Tour In Cavtat with Popara Experience
The traditional diet of the Dubrovnik region was simple, based on everything the sea and land offered. One of the most popular dishes was “popara” – but you will not find it on menus today. We have revived it for you. Completely fresh, exceptional taste and directly from the sea.
If you search the web for what a popara is, you won’t find the right one. Dubrovnik’s popara is much more mysterious than the traditional one from the interior of Croatia, which is prepared from bread and dairy products. Dubrovnik’s popara hides the stories of Dubrovnik sailors, vegetable growers and the boundless creativity of the chefs. Namely, this fish dish, which also combines up to six types of fish, potatoes and lots of vegetables in one pot, exists in many variations. We dare to claim that our chef cooks the best one.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up, drop-off at your location in Dubrovnik City area
- Van/car ride, professional guide and driver
- Guided tour of Cavtat
- popara feast: three-course menu with wine, soft drinks, digestive
What's excluded :
- Pickup outside City of Dubrovnik area, please contact us for any info
- Return by ship is optional and not included in price.
- Pass By: Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Dalmatia
We will pick you up at your location in Dubrovnik City area upon communicating your whereabouts.
We will depart to Cavtat – according to some scales the eighth most attractive city in Europe. And not without reason, this first settlement in this area (before Dubrovnik) is a combination of charm, romance, and playfulness. We will be taking Adriatic road which offers unique panoramic views for you to enjoy.
Stop At: Cavtat, Cavtat, Konavle, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Dalmatia
On our way to Cavtat (20 km) we will stop for attractive views and photo opportunities. Arriving in Cavtat, a short winding road will take us to the centre – a great starting point for a walk through the charming streets.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cavtat Old Town, Cavtat, Konavle Croatia
We will discover the mausoleum, walk along the coastal circular path and finish with a gastronomic pleasure that awaits us in the restaurant on the Cavtat waterfront.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cavtat Seaside Promenade, Cavtat, Konavle Croatia
This is the main reason why we are here. The famous Popara dish. The menu will include a selection of local delicacies , followed by Popara, domestic wine, and dessert, digestive and, if preferred, coffee.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Dalmatia
Going back to Dubrovnik and drop off at your location. You can return by vehicles as you arrived or cut the waves towards the old port of Dubrovnik by boat. In the latter case, you have several time options, as the boat leaves Cavtat at least every full hour. The ride back as you arrived is included in price, but the opportunity to cut the waves towards Dubrovnik Old Town and panorama as it emerges in the sunset is a memorable moment for all, no matter how many times you already took the ride it is spectacular.
• Local Delicacies
• Popara - Six types of fish, potatoes and lots of vegetables in one pot.
• Authentic local deserts - A perfect finish
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us for any info regarding pickup information.Ports
- Port Gruž, Obala Ivana Pavla II 13, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are taking all measures accordingly to state issued rules and precautions. Our staff is regularly checked for symptoms. We sanitize all equipment and and high traffic areas. We offer Hand sanitizers as instructed per public safety measures issued.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.