Half-Day Shangri-La Thangka Tour
And enter deep into the Tibetan world of Shangri-La, with its majestic snowy mountains, endless grasslands and idyllic villages. In this trip you will learn how to make Thangka, a century-old art form in Tibetan culture.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Flight tickets
- Chinese visa
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Tips for tour guide (not requested, but highly appreciated)
- Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel at 13:00 pm (within Dukezong Ancient town) then bring you to the Thangka center. Thangka painting is a Tibetan Buddhism painting with themes related to religion, history, politics, culture, society etc., therefore it also called an encyclopedia of Tibetan people. The process of making Thangka is complex and full of rituals, and it must be done in accordance with the requirements of the scriptures and the rituals of a Guru. There are different steps like ceremony, canvas making, composition, dyeing, and design.
Thangka’s are painted with natural mineral pigments such as gold, pearl, coralline, Lapis lazuli etc. that’s why after hundreds of years the Thangka colors are still bright. After this unique experience, we will end this journey on site.
We wish you a fine trip to wherever you are off to next!
Departure Point :Visitor's hotel.
Departure Time :
Gathering Time: from 12:30 pm to13:00 pm
Start Time: 13:00 pm
Return Detail :Tour ends at Shangri-La Dukezong Ancient Town
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.