Half Day San Telmo Tour Discovering Fileteado Porteño
A unique experience to meet the art of Fileteado by touring around San Telmo and discovering it on its corners and bars.
per adult from
What's included :
- A typical argentine breakfast (coffee & croissants)
- Filleting class
- All materials
- Participants get a souvenir made by their own hands
- Drop off at downtown area. It ends at important tourist points in the city
- Entry/Admission - The Federal Bar
- Entry/Admission - Asociacion de Fileteadores 🎨
What's excluded :
- Pick up at hotels
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Federal Bar, Carlos Calvo 599, C1068 CABA, Argentina
Breakfast at one of the oldest bars in San Telmo.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: San Telmo, San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District
Meet the art of Fileteado by touring around San Telmo and discovering it on its corners and bars!
Filleting is a “decorative thread” that revolutionized Buenos Aires at the beginning of the 20th century with its shapes and colors, when italian immigrants working at carriage factories introduced these ornamentations. UNESCO declared this art as an Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. It is a walking tour around the neighborhood of San Telmo, visiting the most important points of Fileteado Porteño, finishing at the Fileteadores Association where tourists will learn the filleting techniques by the hand of one of the teachers of this discipline.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Parroquia de San Pedro Gonzalez Telmo, Humberto Primero 340, Buenos Aires Argentina
Visit to the 2nd oldest church in town. You will see some pieces of Fileteado Art
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Asociacion de Fileteadores 🎨, Estados Unidos 794, C1101AAO, C1101 AAP, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Visit to their workshop and know more of this unique art. Enjoy a lesson with professional fileteadores and make your own piece of art.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :The Federal Bar, Carlos Calvo 599, C1068 CABA, Argentina
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Wear clothing that you will not care in case it get stained
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.