Half-Day Salalah Tour: Qaboos Mosque, Al Baleed, Frankincense Museum, Haffa Souk
The tour includes a visit to the Sultan Qaboos Mosque (please adhere to the dress code), the archaeological park with the ruined city of Al Baleed (UNESCO World Heritage), the Frankincense Museum and Haffa Souk. You pass by His Majesty’s palace on your way through the garden-like fruit plantations.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Today’s excursion leads you through Salalah, the biggest city in Dhofar, also called the “perfume capital of Arabia”. In 1940 Sultan Qaboos was born here. He owns a beautiful palace, which you pass during the morning. It was here where the first large free trade zone of Oman was built accelerating the economic growth of the region.
For those who have not seen the Grand Mosque in Muscat, the journey starts with a visit to the Sultan Qaboos Mosque (please adhere to the dress code). Next stop is the archaeological park with the ruined city of Al Baleed, a UNESCO world heritage site. It was the famous second port of dispatch of frankincense and myrrh between the 7th and 14th century. The attached Salalah Museum houses many artifacts of that period. On your way to Haffa souk, where the fragrances of the orient come together, you pass His Majesty’s palace. Visit the gold souk with its variety of oriental 24 carat gold and silver handicrafts. A visit to the food souk is interesting; the meat souk is more for the brave.
End of the tour is a scenic drive through the garden-like fruit plantations. We stop at a fruit stall for a refreshing coconut milk, sipped with a straw directly from the nut. Or try the small sweet local bananas or papayas and guavas.
Departure Point :Salalah, Oman
Traveler pickup is offered
Salalah City Hotels
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.