Half-day Private visiting of Silk Village in Hoi An
Hoi An silk village is one of many famous craft villages in Hoi An and producing plenty types of good quality silk.
On this tour, visitors can gain a deeper knowledge of the history and traditional silk making process. Additionally, visitors will be shown the life cycle of silkworms in action. Guests will then be shown how cocoons are transformed into silk thread and how the silk is treated and refined to become ready for clothing
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bike with helmet
- English-speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
- Lantern making course
- Buffet Lunch/Dinner
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Hoi An Silk Village
What's excluded :
- Any services not mentioned in the program
- Drinks, other meals, TIP and personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hoi An Silk Village, 28 Nguyen Tat Thanh Street, Hoi An 560000 Vietnam
8:30 AM / 1:30 PM: The tour guide will meet you at your hotel and we start cycling to Hoi An Silk Village.
9:00 AM / 2:00 PM: Upon arrival, enjoy a welcome drink while listening to some overview information about the history, ups and downs of this village.
9:20 AM / 2:20 PM: Take a stroll to visit traditional Quang Nam house where you will have the chance to learn about the story of Lady Doan Thi Ngoc known as the Queen of “Tam Tang” - the founder of the sericulture craft in Quang Nam province. Then, admire the Vietnamese Ao Dai and costumes from Vietnam's 54 ethnic groups.
9:40 AM / 2:40 PM: Visit the ancient Champa and traditional mulberry garden. At there, visitors can help harvest mulberry leaves.
10:00 AM / 3:00 PM: Stop at the silkworm breeding house and learn how to feed and nurture silkworms as well as the cocoon-weaving process.
10:20 AM / 3:20 PM: Learn about the traditional process to unravel silkworm cocoons
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hoi An, Hoi An, Quang Nam Province
10:40 AM / 3:40 PM: Continue discovering traditional Champa textiles and understand about their weaving techniques. You will be able to watch Champa women using ancient looms to make silk textiles.
11:00 AM/ 4:00 PM: Visit the Vietnamese traditional silk weaving house "Cuu Dien textile machine".
11:20 AM / 4:20 PM: Visit the silk showroom and tailor shop and learn how to differentiate between true and artificial silk
11:40 AM / 4:40 PM: Relax in the lush mulberry garden and enjoy a “Burden Buffet” lunch with 50 dishes
1:00 PM / 6:00 PM: Try hands-on making traditional lantern.
2:00 PM / 7:00 PM: Transfer back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.