Half-Day Private Tour to Byblos
Make the most of your time in exploring the ancient city of Byblos during a private half-day tour from Beirut. Get familiar with the city's top attractions including the castle, ruins, temples, old souks and the port. On this half-day tour you'll enjoy the history, culture and simplicity of the city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English Speaking Driver
- Hotel Pick up & Drop off
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Byblos Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Byblos, Byblos, Mount Lebanon Governorate
Byblos, one of the oldest Phoenician cities. Inhabited since Neolithic times, it has been closely linked to the legends and history of the Mediterranean region for thousands of years. Byblos is also directly associated with the history and diffusion of the Phoenician alphabet.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Byblos Castle, Byblos Lebanon
Byblos Castle, a restored 12th-century Crusader castle surrounded by a 10m-wide dry moat is located just inside the Byblos' atmospheric archaeological site that contains the ruins of the Temple of Baalat Gebal and the Temple of the Obelisks.
It's an impressive building that offers an excellent perspective over the ruins from the top of its foursquare keep. A series of Bronze Age dwellings is clearly visible below the walls as you look towards the sea. Inside the castle, there's a small museum and a room with information panels outlining the city's history.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Old Souk, Byblos Lebanon
Byblos old souk is an old market where tourists can shop for souvenirs and antiques, or simply stroll along the old cobblestone streets and enjoy the architecture.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Byblos Port, Byblos Lebanon
Byblos Port is an ancient port in Byblos and is believed by the Lebanese to be the oldest port in the world. Around 3000 BC, Byblos Port was the most important timber shipping center in the eastern Mediterranean
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up travellers from any location near the city centre
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/4/2019 - 10/27/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.