Half Day Private Tour In Montreal With A Local
Your local host will lead you off the tourist trail down a secret network of cobblestoned streets to parts of Montreal your guidebook doesn’t even know about. Learn about the European roots of the city, and discover the unique Québécois food and peculiar shops loved by locals in Plateau and Mile End. Explore markets, where growers, butchers, and fishmongers display their best produce. Relax in the enchanting Mount Royal Park and practice your French as you amble up to one of Montreal’s most popular viewpoints to see the city from above.
Within 24 hours after booking you'll receive a short questionnaire about your personality and interests. Based on your responses, you'll be assigned a like-minded host. Your host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary to help you discover what makes the city unique. You will also agree on a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience, you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalized experience
- 4 hours with a host
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel pick-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Old Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 3Y8 Canada
As this is a private and personalised experience, the places you visit may differ from those listed and these will be chosen by your host based on your interests and preferences.
Wander the narrow cobblestoned streets and foundations that date back to the 17th century and are what solidifies the European roots of Montreal.
Pass By: Old Port of Montreal, Old Port of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec
Vieux-Port was used as early as 1611 by French fur traders. If you visit here you can catch a bite to eat, walk, cycle, rollerblade, and rent a pedalo or quadricycle, to name just a few of the activities Vieux-Port offers.
Pass By: Plateau Mont-Royal, 170 Prince Arthur Rue St-Denis, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1B7 Canada
Get recommendations on where to find the best Québécois and Montreal classics like bagels, poutine, and smoked meat, which can all be found within this youthful borough.
Pass By: Mile-End, Montreal, Quebec Canada
In this hip, laid-back area with an artsy vibe and multicultural roots, you can find some of the best old-school bagel shops should you choose to include it in your itinerary.
Pass By: Jean-Talon Market, 7070 Henri-Julien Avenue three street corners from Jean Talon Metro Station, Montreal, Quebec H2S 3S3 Canada
You could visit this farmers market going back to 1933, you can find here a variety of local growers, fishmongers, butchers, bakers, restaurants and grocers.
Departure Point :Montreal, QC, Canada
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/11/2020 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with a like-minded Local Host
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.