Half-Day Private Guided Tour of Orheiul Vechi and a Farmhouse
Remember the last time you fed the animals on a farm? Most probably not. Now you can join one of our tours to Butuceni and experience lots of countryside activities at Ferma Veche guesthouse. Besides that, you will enjoy a hike through the limestone outcroppings dug by Raut River in Orheiul Vechi and explore a medieval cave monastery hidden in one of the cliffs. Be adventurous with us and feel like a real farmer for a day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - Traditional bread
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Stop At: Old Orhei, Moldova
During this tour we will have a short hike in Old Orhei, a cultural, historical and archaeological complex situated in a rocky gorge of the Raut River. This valley, shaped by the tireless river with a pristine natural landscape, features huge limestone outcroppings, which hide several ancient monuments. Most interesting of all is the haunting cave monastery, carved into limestone rock by monks in the XIII century. We will enter it and explore the small chapel and little nooks where monks used to live. From the narrow ledge outside the cave monastery, you will unveil a spectacular view, overlooking the river and the entire plains.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Butuceny, Moldova
After lightning some candles in the chapel, we will visit a local farmhouse in Butuceni village. Ferma Veche is the perfect place where you can experience lots of countryside activities like relaxing walks through the white lavender bushes, feeding the animals, carpet weaving, traditional bread cooking lessons, harvesting seasonal fruits and vegetables or just playing with the happy donkeys.
Duration: 2 hours
• Traditional bread
Departure Point :Stephen the Great Monument, Bulevardul Ștefan cel Mare și Sfînt, Chișinău 2012, Moldova
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.