Half-Day Peter and Paul’s Fortress and Cathedral Private Tour
During the excursion you will see Nevsky Prospekt, Saint Isaac’s Cathedral, Palace Square, Savior on the Spilled Blood, Winter Palace.
Peter and Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg was founded by Peter the Great in 1703. Besides the ancient fortifications, one of the great attractions is Peter and Paul Cathedral, built by the architect Trezini in 1733, with the burial vault of Peter the Great and other Russian tsars. The Peter and Paul Cathedral is a unique example of Russian 18th-century architecture that has remained intact. For almost two centuries, it served as a burial-place for Russian emperors. The last Russian tsar - Nicholas II - and his family were buried in the cathedral's small St. Catherine chapel in 1998.
Meeting with your guide in the lobby of your hotel/port.
City tour with several photo stops.
Drive to the territory of Peter and Paul Fortress with guided tour around the fortress wirh entry to the cathedral.
Back to the Hotel/Port.
Duration: 4 hours.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Peter and Paul Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Peter and Paul Cathedral
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Peter and Paul Fortress, Petropavlovskaya Fortress, 3, St. Petersburg 197022 Russia
Located on the smallest island in St. Petersburg (Zayachy Island), the Peter and Paul Fortress will take you back to the days of the city’s founder, Peter the Great.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Peter and Paul Cathedral, Sobornaya Sq., 1 Petropavlovskaya Fortress, St. Petersburg 197046 Russia
The Peter and Paul Cathedral is an early eighteenth-century cathedral with a lavish Baroque interior. Peter the Great and most of the tsars after him are burried there.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Saint Isaac's Square, Isaakiyevskaya Sq., St. Petersburg Russia
St.Isaac's Square is a classic example of landscape ensemble second half of XIX century. The square which is situated in the historic center of the city between St.Isaac's Cathedral and the statue to Nicolas I.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Palace Square, St. Petersburg 191055 Russia
The Palace Square is the main square of St. Petersburg, the architectural ensemble, created in the second half of the XVIII — first half of XIX centuries.
Pass By: Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Griboyedova Kanala Emb., 2B/A, St. Petersburg 191186 Russia
The cathedral was built as a monument to Tsar-Martyr.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Pulkovo Airport, St. Petersburg Russia
- Morskoy Fasad, ул. Кораблестроителей, 32, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 199397
- Salt Pier Viking Cruise Ship, Unnamed Road, Санкт-Петербург, Russia, 193149
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.