Half-Day Penang Kek Lok Si Temple Private Tour
Visit to Kek Lok Si with our experienced local guide on this half-day tour from your hotel in George Town area. Kek Lok Si is one of the biggest and most important Chinese Buddhist temples in South East Asia. Discover this huge temple and see the bronze statue of Kuan Yin and Kek Lok Si pagoda with its layers of architectural style. If time permits, try the famous Penang hawker food, Penang Laksa before heading back to your hotel with a wonderful memories.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional experienced guide
- All taxes and service charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Food and drinks
- Meet a driver at your hotel in the George Town area for 9am or 2pm departure, then travel to Kek Lok Si Temple with a personal driver/guide. Upon arrival at the temple, which stands on the hilltop of Air Itam, continue on foot up a gradual set of stairs and walkways that are sheltered by a labyrinth of souvenir shops.
After passing the temple's turtle pond, you'll be at Kek Lok Si Temple itself, where you'll see the 120 foot (36.5 meter) bronze statue of Kuan Yin, the Goddess of Mercy. From there, take the road to the pagoda, which is officially known as Bon Po Thar. The base of the pagoda was built in a Chinese style, the center part is Thai, and top part is Burmese, for a truly unique structure that reflects Buddhism's broad base in Southeast Asia.
Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and cool breezes before returning to the base of the hill. If time permits, pause at a nearby street food stall to sample Penang laksa noodles, sister’s curry mee, or curry noodles, rojak salad, or stir-fried char koay teow (own expense).
This 3.5-hour tour concludes with return transfer to George Town, and drop-off at your hotel.
Departure Point :Your hotel in George Town area only
Return Detail :Your hotel in George Town area only
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- Please note that the food is at your own expense
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.