Half Day Of Excitement to Memphis and Sakkara
With Youregypttours.com Discover Memphis and Sakkara, two of Egypt's most important archaeological treasures. Sakkara is home to the oldest pyramid in Egypt, and Memphis was the ...
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Discover Memphis and Sakkara, two of Egypt's most important archaeological treasures. Sakkara is home to the oldest pyramid in Egypt, and Memphis was the former capital founded in 3,100 BC. Memphis, bulit around 5100 years ago is the legendary city of Narmer, the King who united Upper and Lower Egypt. Early on, Memphis was more like a fortress from which Narmer controlled the land and water routes between Upper Egypt and the Delta. Having probably originated in Upper Egypt, from Memphis he could control the people of Lower Egypt. A 20 - 30 minute drive away from the Pyramids of Giza, Sakkara, home of Egypt's oldest pyramid. Built by Imohotep for pharaoh Zoser in 2800 BC, the famous Step Pyramid is well preserved. Youregypttours.com qualified tour guide will give you a brief history of the site before allowing you free time to walk around the perimeter of the impressive structure. Sakkara is one section of the great necropolis of Memphis, the Old Kingdom capital and the kings of the 1st Dynasty as well as that of the 2nd Dynasty. are mostly buried in this section of the Memphis necropolis. Three major discoveries have recently been made at Sakkara, including a prime minister's tomb, a queen's pyramid, and the tomb of the son of a dynasty founding king. This is a tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each site during the tour. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
Departure Point :Tour departs from centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
Departure Time :8 A.M
Return Detail :Tour returns to original point of departure
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.