Half Day Museum Tour Of Udaipur
Spend a few hours looking at the rich cultural heritage of Udaipur on display at two museums. The ‘City of Lakes’ as it is also known was ruled by the Royal Kingdom of Mewar. There are over 20 cenotaphs in the nearby town of Ahar where the rulers of Mewar were cremated. The cremation sites were converted into marble cenotaphs that are beautifully carved. Also visit the Ahar Archaeological Museum that has a collection of antiques dating back to the 10th century A.D.
• Rajasthani folk art at Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum
• The Cenotaphs of the Maharanas of Udaipur
• Archaeological Museum at Ahar
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Bharatiya Lok Kala Mandal
- Entry/Admission - Ahar Cenotaphs
- Entry/Admission - Ahar Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bharatiya Lok Kala Mandal, Near Chetak Circle, Udaipur 313001 India
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum that has a remarkable collection of Rajasthani folk art. The collection includes musical instruments, puppets, dolls, masks, miniature paintings and folk dresses and ornaments. You can also watch a puppet show that is held at regular intervals throughout the day.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ahar Cenotaphs, Udaipur India
Next drive to the town of Ahar and visit the several cenotaphs set amidst gardens. The cenotaph of Maharana Sangram Singh with 56 pillars on its porch stands out from the rest. The Maharana was cremated here with his 21 wives.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ahar Museum, Ahar City, Udaipur 313001 India
The last stop for the tour is the Archaeological Museum of Ahar. The museum has on display pottery, tools, terracotta toys, seals, balls, weights and other artifacts from excavations carried out in the neighbourhood. Some of the artifacts date back to the 1st century B.C.
At the end of the tour, enjoy lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant.
After lunch you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Udaipur, Udaipur, Udaipur District, Rajasthan
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Maharana Pratap Airport Udaipur, NH 76, Dabok, Rajasthan 313022, India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- Museum remains closed on Sundays & Public Holidays.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.