Half Day - Maras Moray & Ccorcco Community
The true hidden paths of the Inca Valley are Maras Moray tour.
Maras unexpected beauty are on its salt fields that are shining against the blue sky or reflecting in contrasting the green valleys on their side of the mountains, making this salt rocks an incredible to see.
The mystery of Moray still unknown on the purpose on their circular design. Like many Inca constructions it has an irrigation system and terraces but still questions on their structural depressions similar a Roman coliseum. Some say it was for agricultural experiments on different crops but their depth, design, and orientation with respect to wind and sun creates a temperature difference of as much as 15 °C (27 °F).
The Maras Moray tour will make a difference on your visit to the Urubamba Valley.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional tour guide (English and Spanish)
What's excluded :
- Cusco tourist ticket (This ticket is required for entrance to Moray)
- Lunch (can be requested at least one day in advance - 50 to 60 soles)
- Maras entrance fee (8 soles)
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maras, Maras, Cusco Region
Our first stop is Maras, from which, we can get to the salt mines. The salt mines display a bizarre spectacle of beauty. Located on a wide-open hill above the Urubamba Valley, a natural salt water stream runs underground. In pre-Incan times, they have been evaporating the salty water from this stream in order to obtain the salt that gets left behind.
How it works: The highly salty water emerges at a spring, a natural outlet of the underground stream. The flow is directed into an intricate system of tiny channels constructed so that the water runs gradually down onto the several hundred ancient terraced ponds. The water, which is exposed to the sun, leaves salt on the land. Viewed from the peak, the myriad of rectangles looks like an enormous painting designed by nature.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
After visiting the salt mines near Maras, we continue on a short distance to the Moray ruins. The ruins are composed of three coliseums, which are thought to have been used by the Incas as a sort of open air crop laboratory. The coliseums consist of several enormous terraced circular depressions, the largest of which is about 30m/98ft deep. The purpose of these depressions is still uncertain but their depth and orientation with respect to wind and sun creates a temperature difference of as much as 15 °C/27 °F between the top and bottom. This large temperature difference was possibly used by the Incas to study the effects of different climatic conditions on crops. The terraces are arranged in concentric circles and are reminiscent of an ancient Greek theatre.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chinchero District, Peru
Afterward, visit the village of Ccorcco (Chincheros) to the northwest of Cusco. This picturesque village was an important Inca center and is known for the traditional Andean weaving techniques still used by its people.
After this fantastic visit, we will drive back to Cusco.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Note: If you do not have a tourist ticket, it can be purchased at Moray
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.