Half-Day Local Communities and Social Tour in Lima
This private half-day tour takes you off the beaten path to a different and authentic side of Lima, where locals live and work. A day full of responsible cultural immersion, local culture, social impact and learning.
You will visit a local artisan, a social project, have lunch at a local family’s house and learn about daily life in Lima’s human settlements. You will not only learn interesting historical, political and cultural facts but most importantly, you will meet many amazing locals who work very hard to improve their community. Importantly, this tour focuses on positive initiatives and hope. In addition, your visit supports the local project that you will visit and learn more about.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Private transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Contribution to the social project visited on tour
- Entry/Admission - Cementerio de Nueva Esperanza
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cementerio de Nueva Esperanza, San Pedro SN, Lima Peru
After a 40-minute drive, you will reach the first stop, which is the second-largest cemetery in the world. It's a very impressive and colorful place, different than any other cemetery you have visited before. It is located amidst the hills and human settlements and represents the interesting Andean burial traditions. The view is amazing and, if you're into photography, you will surely take a bunch of artistic photos.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: San Juan De Miraflores, San Juan De Miraflores, Lima Region
After the visit to the cemetery, you'll head towards the human settlement where you will first visit a local lady who has started her own small business and artisan workshop in her house. She will tell you more about herself and her business.
The bilingual guide teams up with a local guide who will show you around the neighborhood and take you to meet several local families and community leaders. The first stop is the house of the local cook who has prepared a delicious homemade lunch for you.
After lunch, the local guide will show you around and tell you more about daily life with its many challenges but also its many positive initiatives. The people who live there have worked hard to build a real community and you'll get to meet some of these community leaders. The guide will also tell you more about the local project your visit supports. On some days you'll even be able to see their activities with the participating kids in action.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour can be canceled or altered due to extremely poor weather, political situation or other unexpected events. In case of cancellation, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not recommended for participants with medical conditions such as serious back or neck problems
- A small amount of walking on uneven terrain is involved. It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes or sneakers (no sandals)
- Most of the year, the sun is very strong (even if it's cloudy) and especially from December to April. it is highly recommended to bring sunscreen, water and a hat.
- Please advise any specific food or physical restrictions at time of booking
- Transfer time can vary quite a bit because of traffic. Please let us know if you have to be back on time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.