Half Day Kompong Phluk Tonle Sap Lake from Siem Reap
Half-day group tour from Siem Reap with a local guide. Enjoy your the tour in the morning or afternoon with about 45-minutes’ drive to the fishermen’s village of Kompong Phluk whose name means 'harbor of the tusks' and Cambodia great lake. Enjoy Tonle Sap Lake, it’s a lake with no ends in front of you, birds flying slowly overhead and surrounding with the interesting village as well as wetland area.
A local boat ride take you the Tonle Sap Lake and village where you will see nature in a way you’ve only seen in picture books and it’s where you will now see villagers houses, school, government houses built on high stilts but the pagoda on the only butte (the only building which is not on stilts) and see the activities of the villagers who your expert guide will teach you about their culture, the life style, and the ecosystem of this fascinating place.
This tour concludes hotel pick up and drop-off. Please choose from one of two departure times when you book.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local Live English Speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cold bottled water on tour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Sharing local boat ride
- Entry/Admission - Kampong Phluk Floating Village
What's excluded :
- Canoe ride in mangrove forest (Aug-Jan)
- Food and drinks
- Travel insurances
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kampong Phluk Floating Village, Siem Reap Cambodia
Meet the guide at your hotel lobby in Siem Reap for morning or afternoon departure—morning pickups are variety between 7:30am to 8:30am, while afternoon trips depart at 2 pm and pick up variety between 1pm to 2pm. So guests are advised to wait in the hotel lobby and ready to go as soon as your guide arrives.
Tour set out this morning/afternoon on a group tour to the countryside which drive about 45-minutes to the fishermen’s village of Kompong Phluk whose name means 'harbor of the tusks' and Cambodia great lake. Enjoy Tonle Sap Lake, is a lake with no ends in front of you, and birds flying slowly overhead and surrounding with the interesting village.
During the dry season (February to Jul), the village can be reached by mini bus or motorbike, as the – bumpy - road that is normally flooded dries up.
In the rainy season (August to Jan), a short boat ride from the quay, through the wetland area will take you to Kompong Phluk. It is not a floating village but a village on high stilts as well as some floating houses and in spite of fishing is often the privilege of the Vietnamese minority but inhabitants of Kompong Phluk are almost exclusively of Cambodian origin. The villagers frequently move from house to another house during the rainy season, they live in houses built on stilts and move to small huts near the waterfront during the dry season to do fishing.
Arrive at the quay, board a local boat for a 1.5-hour ride on the Tonle Sap Lake as well as village where you will see nature in a way you’ve only seen in picture books, and the tour of Kampong Phluk is worth the extra effort to get there, then we will visit the village, the pagoda on the only butte (the only building which is not on stilts) and see the activities of the villagers who your expert guide will teach you about their culture, the life style, and the ecosystem of this fascinating place.
Optional (August to Jan): you can pay an extra to take a small canoes paddle by villagers (or wait for the group about 40 mns); will take you deep into the dense flooded forest. The trees of this forest are perfectly adapted to their unusual existence as they are completely submerged a part of the year.
Return to Siem Reap and drop off at your hotel or requested drop off point within Siem Reap city center.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
+ Morning tour depart at 8:30 am and we start pick up from 7:30 am.+ Afternoon tour depart at 2 pm and we start pick up from 1 pm.So kindly ready 60 minutest before departure and ready to go as soon as your guides arrives.+ Note: Jan to Sep of the year, the village and lake is dry, so no canoe is available for your optional. But the small boat ride is still included on the low murky river taking you to the lake in the dry season.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Variety group size depends on bookings of the day
- Minimum age is 3 years
- No wheelchair accessible
- Travel insurances
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.