Half Day Kazuri Beads Factory, Karen Blixen Museum and David Sheldrick Orphanage
Pick up from your Hotel and commence to Kazuri Beads Factory; enjoy a one hour tour inside the Factory showcasing the various techniques in the making & crafting their artwork. You’ll end the tour by 09h00 and embark to Karen Blixen Museum; in this tour you will walk into Karen Blixen home; famously known for her book ‘Out of Africa’ that she wrote of her day-to-day life. Thereafter, drive to David Sheldrick Orphanage a home for all babies lost in the Wild brought by the support of David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust; to bring them for rehabilitation on the loss of their mother due from animal poaching. Here you get to witness the feeding time as they also enjoy a mud bath. The feeding time ends at 12h00, this is when the tour ends and we transfer you back to your Hotel.
per adult from
1 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Tour Guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Elephant Orphanage Entrance Fee
- Entry/Admission to Kazuri Beads Factory
- Transport in a private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Karen Blixen Museum
- Entry/Admission - David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Learn to Make Jewelry&Pottery frm clay - Kazuri Beads Factory, Karen, Nairobi 00502 Kenya
Kazuri which means ‘small and beautiful’ in Swahili, began in a tiny workshop experimenting in hand crafted ceramic beads. The Factory is located in Karen, specializes in hand made jewellery, as well as pottery ware that reflects the culture and wildlife of Kenya. Kazuri has grown tremendously and now has a large workforce of over 340 women skilled in the crafting of ceramic beads, strung into beautifully and artistically jewelry. Their mission is to provide and sustain employment opportunities for disadvantaged members of Kenya Society. They produce over 60% beads a year and export to over 30 countries worldwide and are a member of The World Fair Trade Organization.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Karen Blixen Museum, Karen Rd Langata, Nairobi Kenya
Karen Blixen Danish author of the famous book ‘Out of Africa’ was once the centre piece of a farm at the foot of the Ngong Hills. Located 10km from the city centre, the Museum belongs to a different time period in the history of Kenya. The Museum is open to the Public every day from 9:30 am to 6:00pm including weekends and public holidays. Guided tours are available at all times. A museum shop offers handicrafts, posters and postcards, the Movie ‘Out of Africa’, books and other Kenyan souvenirs.
The farm house gained international fame with the release of the movie ‘Out of Africa’ an Oscar winning film based on Karen’s an autobiography by the same title.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Nairobi National Park, Nairobi Kenya
The David Sheldrick Orphanage is situated in Nairobi National Park and open to the public for 1 hour between 11h00 till 12h00. It is within this hour visitors get to see the babies roaming towards the mud bath and enjoy feeding time as well. The care givers each have a bottled to feed their babies and talk about each of their baby how they were rescued and rehabilitated during the aftermath. Throughout the talk, the elephants will be enjoying themselves eating green leaves, drinking their milk, playing with one another. There is an opportunity visitors can adopt any of the orphans to help cover the costs incurred in the rescue, hand raising and their protection in the wild.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any Hotel situated within Nairobi Central Business District Area.Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.