Half Day Kazuri Beads Factory, Karen Blixen Museum & Giraffe Centre
After breakfast in your Hotel, you will be warmly met by our Driver Guide and visit Kazuri Beads Factory.
Here you will witness the artwork that is used in crafting beaded wears from necklaces, bracelets and earrings. The tour lasts for an hour and ends at their small shop that is open for purchase. Afterwards, proceed to Karen Blixen Museum; in this tour you will walk into Karen Blixen home; famously known for her book ‘Out of Africa’ that she wrote of her day-to-day life. Thereafter drive to Giraffe Centre home to the endangered Rothschild Giraffes. Here you get to meet the Giraffes and learn more about their aim to produce the Rothschild Giraffes and set them free in the Wild. This is the end of the Tour, our Driver Guide shall transfer you back to your Hotel and bid you farewell.
per adult from
1 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance/Admission fee in Giraffe Centre
- Transportation in a private vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Learn to Make Jewelry&Pottery frm clay - Kazuri Beads Factory
- Entry/Admission - Karen Blixen Museum
- Entry/Admission - Giraffe Centre
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Learn to Make Jewelry&Pottery frm clay - Kazuri Beads Factory, Karen, Nairobi 00502 Kenya
The tour begins at 08h00, our tour starts from the Factory; showing who the beads are made from scratch. Enjoy the tour and interact with the women who are behind the making of Kazuri Beads. By 09h00 the orientation tour ends and you have the option to buy the beads as a souvenir of your visit.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Karen Blixen Museum, Karen Rd Langata, Nairobi Kenya
Karen Blixen Danish author of the famous book ‘Out of Africa’ was once the centre piece of a farm at the foot of the Ngong Hills. Located 10km from the city centre, the Museum belongs to a different time period in the history of Kenya. The Museum is open to the Public every day from 9:30 am to 6:00pm including weekends and public holidays. Guided tours are available at all times. A museum shop offers handicrafts, posters and postcards, the Movie ‘Out of Africa’, books and other Kenyan souvenirs.
The farm house gained international fame with the release of the movie ‘Out of Africa’ an Oscar winning film based on Karen’s an autobiography by the same title.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Giraffe Centre, Duma Rd, Nairobi Kenya
Giraffe Centre is located in Langata, just outside Nairobi. The centre has been set up as a breeding centre for the endangered Rothschild giraffe, but now operates conservation/education programs for Kenyan school children. There is an elevated feeding platform where visitors see the resident giraffes face to face. This centre, which protects the highly endangered Rothschild’s giraffe, combines serious conservation with enjoyable activities. You can observe the giraffes, which is quite an experience. You may also spot warthogs snuffling about in the mud.
Take a stroll, or hike if you’re up to it, in our serene 1.5 kilometre nature trail and see how many species of birds you can spot. The trail goes down to the snaking Gogo River. An alternate route back to the centre will pass you by the Warthog Den. This trail is available to you at no extra cost.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.