Half-Day Kathmandu Handicraft Workshop with Seven Women
Experience the real makings of handmade fair trade products as you work with a unique social enterprise (Seven Women) that has changed the lives of over 5,000 disadvantaged women in Nepal.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking teacher
- Materials for workshop
- Transportation to and from the Seven Women centre
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Additional souvenirs or items of personal nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Seven Women Centre, Opposite to Manokranti Centre, Ranibari Marg, काठमाडौँ 44600, Nepal
Your Kathmandu tour will start with a visit to the Seven Women headquarters in Kathmandu, where you will meet some of the women of Seven Women and hear the stories of how this social enterprise has made such a massive difference in Nepal. The group will learn about how Seven Women began and has grown from 7 women to now assisting more than 1,000 women.
During this In Focus workshop, you will learn how to make a felt ball key ring by hand. You’ll have a producer assist you as you create and gain a better appreciation for the work that goes into creating handmade items. Alongside this, you’ll learn about the principles of fair trade and how fair trade products are made.
After the workshop, you’ll get to visit the Seven Women fair trade gift shop to see the whole range of handmade crafts produced by the women, which are then exported to support the enterprise. You’ll also get to take home the personal souvenirs you made during the workshop.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Hotel Marshyangdi, Chaksibari Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Please dress modestly, with sleeves and pants or a skirt that comes below the knees.
- All net proceeds from this tour will go directly to Seven Women , a social enterprise working to help disadvantaged women in Nepal.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Your tour is run in collaboration with Seven Women, a not for profit organisation, socially and economically empowering marginalised and disabled women in Nepal through skills training and employment. Money from your tour is used to develop literacy projects and fund relevant training to enable marginalised women in remote villages to develop local income streams. All net proceeds from your tour will go directly to Seven Women.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.