Half Day in Kim Bong Island from Hoi An
Kim Bong is a woodworking village across the Thu Bon river from Hoi An. The carpentry of this village is believed to originate from North Vietnam, and has long been famous with its arts of wood carving and sculpture. Through contact and exchange with artisans of the same trade from Siem, China, Japan and so on, combined with their own skills; these Kim Bong carpenters have created pieces of work which have normally great meaning in philosophy and fine arts. Products made here have been marketed in domestic as well as overseas markets. Just 15 minutes on board from the ancient town, you will be free to set foot on the land and cycle through many different places to discover the craftsmanship and way of life here.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bike with helmet
- English-speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
- Bottled water
- Lunch at a local farmer family
- Ferry transfer
- Entry/Admission - Kim Bong Carpentry Village
What's excluded :
- Any services not mentioned in the program
- Drinks, other meals, TIP and personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kim Bong Carpentry Village, Cam Kim commune Riverside Village Road, Hoi An Vietnam
8.30: Tour guide meet you at the hotel and head to Bach Dang pier. Then we get on board with your bikes and cruise along the Thu Bon river to the wood carving village of Kim Bong.
8.50: Upon arrival at the ferry stop, hopping on your bike and moving to the boat building yard where wooden fishing vessels are built by using traditional techniques. After that, we take a longer ride to a house making rice paper.
9.45: Visiting a family temple where you can explore the way people worshiping for their ancestors and the original architecture.
10.30: Leaving the temple behind, we continue heading to the local house weaving sleeping mat. Making sleeping mat is also considered as a long traditional craft of the Kim Bong village. On the way, you can enjoy the natural winds and contemplate the rustic beauty of rural area while listening to the warm greeting of local children.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hoi An, Hoi An, Quang Nam Province
11.45: Making the turn-back biking and taking a stop at the Huynh Ri’s souvenir shop, a famous place to all villagers and people in Hoi An town. You may wander around to see how artisans conducting their work and thousands of wonderful wooden products.
12.30: At lunchtime, you will enjoy a typical Vietnamese meal with a local family, talk with them and explore the valuable cultural values during a meal. The foods and friendly welcome of the hosts will definitely impress you that wishing to come back again.
13.30: That’s time for saying goodbye to the family and turning back to the dock before transferring to the ancient town by ferry. The guide will take you to you hotel and end the tour
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.