Half-Day Husky Safari and Salmon Ice Fishing Experience
Husky Safari and Salmon Ice Fishing is one of our bestselling tours. The tour combines learning and experiencing Finnish culture and habits with a great husky adventure. Catching a fish is not guaranteed, but in our private lake, your chances are high. Plus, you are catching for a salmon! If you catch one, you can have it smoked on location or take it and prepare it at home. In this tour, we have a small-group guarantee and there will not be more than 16 participants.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - sausage, cookies, and hot juice & 1 salmon per couple, if you catch it!
- Ice-fishing equipment
- Winter clothers (shoes, overals)
- 6-10km husky ride
What's excluded :
After arriving, we will provide you thermal outwear, so you feel comfortable during the activity. When you are ready, we will begin the introduction to ice fishing. You will introduce you to the ice-fishing equipment and the best techniques to catch a fish in the winter. In our lake, we have salmon. Catching one is not guaranteed, you still need a bit of luck and patience, but chances are much higher than in other places.
After, you will receive the instructions for husky sledding. We will bring you to our starting place, where each couple receives a sled with a husky team. The huskies are excited to run, so let’s not keep them waiting! You will feel the strength of the dogs as they start pulling your sled through the Lappish landscape.
Normally two people share a sled, one is steering and one sitting on the sled. It is possible, and recommended, to change the positions in the middle of the track. Small children can sit together with an adult. An experienced musher will guide the tour all the time and will help you if needed. After the ride, we invite you to our kota for a snack.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will inform you about the exact time of your pick-up by e-mail. Please be ready for the pick-up service at the reception of your accommodation or at the meeting place at least 5 minutes before the pick-up time. In special occasion, the pick-up time might change. In such case, we will contact you.If you have any questions or special requirements, do not hesitate to contact us.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.