Half-Day Hue City Tour
With a long history as one of Vietnam’s most important cultural and religious centers, Hue today is a popular stop for tourists because of the impressive tombs of the Nguyen Emperors, the Thien Mu Pagoda, and the Imperial City. The Imperial City, reminiscent of pre-communist Vietnam, is one reason why Hue became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993. The remaining French colonial villas and garden houses, the quiet streets, the riverbanks, the outlying tombs and pagodas that escaped damage - all give Hue a unique atmosphere of tranquility. During this half day tour, visitors will be brought up and close with its turbulent history and what makes Hue such a delight to travel around.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- Boat cruise over the Perfume River
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Thien Mu Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations, otherwise supplementary charges will be applied
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Perfume River, Hue Vietnam
Pick up from your hotel in Hue and join us for a tour of the highlights of Hue. This charming small city located by the Perfume River is also known as the country’s capital for the arts. Because of this, it is host to popular year-round festivals highlighting local artists, painters, poets, song-writers and theatrical performers.
Stop At: Thien Mu Pagoda, Kim Long Road, Hue Vietnam
Our tour starts with a short boat cruise on the beautiful and romantic Perfume River and will take you to the legendary Thien Mu Pagoda, which is not only a landmark, but also one of the oldest ancient architectural structures for religious worship in Hue. Thien Mu Pagoda (namely ‘Heaven Fairy Lady’ Pagoda), also known as Linh Mu Pagoda, is one of the most fascinating and ancient pagoda in Hue city. It is situated on Ha Khe hill, on the north bank of the Perfume River, 5 kilometers from Hue city and was built in 1601. The initial temple was in a very simple form of construction, but as time went by, it has been redeveloped and expanded with more intricate features. Highlight of the day will of course exploring all the different parts of the Imperial City in all of its preserved UNESCO glory; ample time will be spend during this half day to see the highlights.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Dong Ba Market, Tran Hung Dao St., Hue Vietnam
Then continue to visit a local market which famous with tourists – Dong Ba market in Old Hue is near the place where the Dong Ba Canal joins the Perfume River. This market is strongly recommended to anyone with an interest in Vietnamese food or culture. The maintenance of ancient characteristics makes an unforgettable impression to visitors. Dong Ba Market is near the eastern corner of the Citadel. Nearby, a commercial district stretches along the Dong Ba Canal.
Before you know it, our 4-hour journey through Hue comes at an end and we transfer back to your hotel in Hue after half a day through this Royal Kingdom.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from only hotels in Hue’s City centre, Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Hue’s City Centre. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the capital, harbour and the Hue’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Customers are advised that during the TET celebrations (celebration of Vietnamese New Year), excursions and tours may be subject to supplementary charges and/or may see longer waiting times than normal.
- This excursion includes obstacles of various kinds that may not make this excursion suitable for wheelchair users. The obstacles comprise of unpaved roads, small boats and cruise embarkation and disembarkation and insufficient facilities to provide a comfortable sightseeing tour.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- 1. All Clients should use their own refillable water bottle to avoid regular contacts with multiples single-use plastic bags (this has the additional positive effect of reducing plastic waste in our destination). 2. Everyone reminded to wash or sanitize hands before all snacks, meals.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.