Half-day Guided hike to Morro do Corcovado with secret Waterfall
This experience offers a very pleasant trail through the Tijuca Forest, with a very beautiful view and the best waterfall, know to few, in the South Zone of Rio.
We will do a walk starting by Parque Lage to Morro do Corcovado. The path passes through beautiful trees, native animals and waterfalls. At the top of the hill we can enjoy an excellent view of the entire South Zone of Rio, including Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas and main beaches.
We will descend the mountain by another trail, which leads to a beautiful waterfall, with abundant water and tranquility to rest and return with a fresh head home.
You will be accompanied by a guide specialized in Geosciences who can add a lot of knowledge to the tour, with information on Geography and Geology of Rio de Janeiro.
Other things to note
The trail offers medium effort, so I advise you to bring comfortable clothes and shoes for physical activity, drink and food.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Geotourism Guide
What's excluded :
- Tickets to Christ the Redeemer (35,90 BRL)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Lage, Rua Jardim Botanico 414 Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22461-000 Brazil
Meeting point and access to the activity. The park is a beautiful meeting point in the South Zone of Rio, with itinerant attractions.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer, Estrada Redentor - Alto da Boa Vista Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22241-330 Brazil
At the end of the trail, we reach the highest point of the Morro do Corcovado trail, with a panoramic view of the entire South Zone of Rio. Access to Christ the Redeemer is charged separately and is not included in the tour, we can visit it if all travelers want to.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Botanical Garden, Rua Jardim Botanico 1008 Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-000 Brazil
At the end of the trail we are presented with a beautiful waterfall located in the Jardim Botânico neighborhood, usually little visited and with ample space with falls and diving wells.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Bike Itaú, 119 - Parque Lage - Lagoa, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22470-150, Brazil
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Committed to the safety recommendations against COVID-19, we offer tours in places / times with less movement of people, ensuring the social distance of those involved.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.