Half-Day Grand Palace Tour Including Emerald Buddha from Bangkok
Discover the elaborate architecture and regal elegance of the Grand Palace in Bangkok, and learn about this former residence of Thailand's royalty. Explore the gardens and courtyards of the large complex with your guide, and be mesmerized by the sacred Buddhist temple of Wat Phra Kaew, home to the Emerald Buddha. End with a shopping excursion to the Gems Gallery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew)
- Entry/Admission - The Grand Palace
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Set off from your Bangkok hotel in the morning or afternoon for a half-day tour of the splendid Grand Palace. Marvel at this iconic residence of Thai kings, located near the banks of the Chao Phraya River.
Inside this enormous complex, more than 100 structures, golden spires, and glittering mosaics please the eye. Get acquainted with its rich history while you explore the premises on foot with your guide. Learn about the 18th-century walls that surround the Grand Palace, and gain insight into the European influences of its architecture as seen at the Hall of Justice, Boromabiman Hall, and Amarinda Hall. Hear about state functions and royal ceremonies held at the palace, and don't miss a visit to Wat Phra Kaew for a glimpse of the Emerald Buddha.
Your guide makes a stop at the Gems Gallery for the opportunity to purchase a variety of precious stones before your tour concludes with the ride back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Pickup from most centrally located Bangkok hotelsDates: Operates dailyReturn point: Return to same departure location
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress Code: Shorts and sleeveless T-shirts are not allowed in the temple. Knees and shoulders must be covered.
- Nationality of all travelers and the hotel details must be emailed at least 24 hours prior to departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.