Half-Day Georgioupolis Off-Road Adventure with Meal
Discover the Cretan culture, beautiful off-road landscapes away from tourist areas. See golden sandy beaches, take in the breathtaking views, wildlife, Cretan herbs, traditional wine, raki, honey and olive oil, homemade food, the myths and traditions that will awaken all your senses. Trust your experienced guides and the Land Rover Defender 110, the suitable cars for the most difficult points, to guide you to a place untouched by time. Together we will create the best memories in Crete.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up from hotel
- Entry/Admission - Kanakis Olive Oil
- Entry/Admission - Apokoronas
- Entry/Admission - Καταφύγιο Ταυρή
What's excluded :
- The second drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: GEORGIOUPOLIS SAFARI, Georgioupolis Safari, Georgioupoli 730 07, Greece
Pick up from your Hotels
Stop At: Kanakis Olive Oil, Palea EO Chanion Rethimnou 79, Apokoronos 730 08, Greece
We will visit a modern olive mill, so that you can get a “close-up” picture of how olive oil is produced, and we can also enjoy the opportunity to sample some of the oils.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Δημοτικό Σχολείο Εμπρόσνερου, Emprosneros 730 07, Greece
We will explore some myths and stories hidden in the stones of an early Christian church which was used as a hiding place by people who were evicted by the Turks. We also learn about the history of a 400-year-old tower which was built by the most fearsome Turkish Janissary and is still almost intact to this day.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Apokoronas, Apokoronou 48, Chania 731 35, Greece
We will “climb” 1100 metres above sea-level on an off-road route. We will travel through the Lefka Ori woods and you will be stunned by the panoramic view from the trail. Later, we will meet a shepherd who will show us how Cretan cheeses are made and we can try some of the cheeses he makes himself.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Καταφύγιο Ταυρή, Epar.Od. Vrusson-Choras Sfakion, Sfakia 730 11, Greece
we will bring the evening to a close with a traditional meal. There will be lots of food and traditional dishes for everyone to enjoy.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
all hotels on Georgioupolis Area,all hotels on Kavros Area,all hotels on Rethymno Area,all hotels on Almyrida Area,all hotels on Kalives Area,all hotels on Chania Area.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- CRETAN CHEESES
- Cretan livestock farming has hardly changed over the years. It is based on small animals, mainly sheep and goats, rather than cows, and in the main part the animals graze freely or are partially stabled. All year round, the animals either roam free or are kept in traditional pens, and they feed almost exclusively on Cretan herbs and bushes. The plants and shrubs which are native to Crete have a distinct scent and high nutritional value. This specifically Cretan flora, combined with the local breeds of animals, contributes to the distinctive character of Cretan products. Local breeds of animals are fully acclimatised to the island’s weather and there is no need to use either drugs or antibiotics. Cretan dairy products are made from goat and sheep's milk, which are also used to make cheeses and yoghurt. Traditionally, small quantities of dairy products are a daily part of the Cretan diet. Studies have shown that eating dairy products reduces the risk of hypertension, stroke and colorectal cancer.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.