Half-Day Exploration Tour of Terracotta Army From Xian
If you only have half day in Xian and you are willing to make full use of it. This half day private tour is designed specially for you! Joining this trip, you will have a chance to discover the most crucial excavation in 19th century - Terracotta Army and Horses, an UNESCO World Heritage Site, learn the great history of Qin Dynasty and the first Emperor in Chinese history.Be amazed by the grandiose complex of its formation and every meticulous warrior figure, you will feel like as an ancient soldier yourself.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge and parkng fee
- Experienced private driver with vehicle service
- Licenced English-speaking tour guide
- Bottled water
- Lunch or dinner if you choose
What's excluded :
- Personal cost
- Meals if you don't choose
- Entrance tickets if you don't choose
- Entry/Admission - The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses, Qinling North Road, Lintong District, Xi'an 710600 China
Being picked up from your hotel at 7:30 a.m, you will commence your memorable Terracotta Army exploration tour. It will take about 50 minutes of driving from Xian city to the museum.
Upon your arrival at the museum, your tour guide will accompany you to every corner and explain to you this magnificent site.Discovered in 1974, Terracotta Army and Horses Museum is reputed as the Eighth Wonder of the World. There are altogether three pits, each filled with expressive life-sized soldiers and horses. They were made based on the actual ancient people and life. It’s said that these figures were colorful upon excavation, yet it gradually fades away due to the oxidation. Now, archaeologists are trying to bring back their true appearances. This is also why the museum is not equipped with air conditioning or heating devices, which may change the temperature and humidity inside and therefore damage the priceless relics. You will also see the model of the mysterious Mausoleum of Qin Shi Huang. There are many theories regarding how it was like inside the tomb. However, the most common one is that this tomb is filled with mercury. All the antiques would be greatly destroyed upon excavation unless certain protection measures are taken.
Your tour would come to an end after about 3 hours tour in this impressive site. Your tour guide will escort you back to your hotel and bid you farewell.
Duration: 3 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Staying at hotels with driving distance of over 30 minutes from city center will cause extra compensation for the driver.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The starting time can be changed as long as you require in advance
- Please advise beforehand if your starting point or ending place is not hotel.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.